West coast Salt water opener

Ocean opened up for the 2015 salmon season April 4th. season started off slow from reports with fish being caught from 30' down 220'  many anglers coming back to dock with empty boxes....

I sure hope things improve Stan.....I know reports from the traditional spawning areas and gateways to them (e.g. Cook Inlet) have not been encouraging in the past few years for salmon from everything I've heard.

Stan, My brother David lives in Arlington.He says the Columbia Spring Kings are late moving in and just starting to now move up in numbers.The State Fisheries was to have had a meeting yesterday to discuss adding two additional weeks to the Columbia Spring King Season in the area around Portland and mouth of the Willamette River.Have you heard anything on this?

Edited by mostlymuskies

Stan, My brother David lives in Arlington.He says the Columbia Spring Kings are late moving in and just starting to now move up in numbers.The State Fisheries was to have had a meeting yesterday to discuss adding two additional weeks to the Columbia Spring King Season in the area around Portland and mouth of the Willamette River.Have you heard anything on this?

Even tho I am only 65 miles from Oregon I have never fished the Columbia . Best place for that information would be IFish out of Oregon

I sure hope things improve Stan.....I know reports from the traditional spawning areas and gateways to them (e.g. Cook Inlet) have not been encouraging in the past few years for salmon from everything I've heard.

Mark

the Sacramento River, Klamath river & Rouge river have had plenty of BIG Kings the last two years with reports of another banner year for the three rivers up North here.