Fairhaven State Park Launch - Open

I usually fish out of Mexico or Oswego, but from what I've heard these launches are still locked up and Mexico Bay is still filled with ice as far as the eye can see..  I may try Fairhaven for the first time this year - is the launch located at the State Park on Little Sodus Bay?  Any insight if the launch is opened up yet?  The main lake is clear at Fairhaven, but some of the pictures I've seen looks like a bit of ice is still in the bay.

it  may be a 4 or 5 days  by that time   Wrights  should be open    the east  wind   has pushed  the ice pack   back  to  Fair haven   is I just looked  at the web cam on Moon Beach    by the  time it gets  pushed  back  east  most of it will be gone

I drove through Fair Haven State Park today and took these pictures of the north end of Little Sodus Bay and the boat launch.

post-142860-0-37649500-1428439368_thumb.jpgpost-142860-0-89104700-1428439425_thumb.jpgpost-142860-0-23278700-1428439450_thumb.jpg

As you can see, the bay is open at the north end, as is the channel.

But the launch area is still filled in with ice.  And the remainder of the bay, south, is filled with float ice. 

The ice on Sterling Pond is completely gone.  I'd give it a couple more days and it's game on.

Oh- and for what it's worth, the north end of Port Bay is open, along with the public boat launch (no dock yet though) and the channel is not dug out yet.

Jim

Edited by 1fish2fish

Been almost 25-30 years since I was on the pond in a canoe. Looking to hit it with the kayak, looking for some general tips if anyone willing to share.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

it  may be a 4 or 5 days  by that time   Wrights  should be open    the east  wind   has pushed  the ice pack   back  to  Fair haven   is I just looked  at the web cam on Moon Beach    by the  time it gets  pushed  back  east  most of it will be gone

The ice made its way back today and there is still quite a bit back in Oswego.