Favorite lure

Hey what's everyone's go to lure for the spring Browns around may 1st looking to buy a bunch of lures gonna be up there I. Catfish creek for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Storm

Smithwick

Rapala

Renosky

They all catch fish just have to be in the right area, depth, and right weather conditions.

Edited by Chas0218

storm is my favorite but have had success on a variety of spoons and sticks combinations that include orange gold black or pink/watermelon.  and always have a firetiger/perch pattern.  I have decided that color catches everything must suck to be  perch.

2 favorites; (1) Thunderstick in Firetiger

(2) Bay Rat in Oscar's Revenge (very similar to the newer style thunderstick called "Erie Ugly"

Very honorable mention; Thunderstick's Billy Baroo (discontinued and nearly impossible to find)

2 favorites; (1) Thunderstick in Firetiger

(2) Bay Rat in Oscar's Revenge (very similar to the newer style thunderstick called "Erie Ugly"

Very honorable mention; Thunderstick's Billy Baroo (discontinued and nearly impossible to find)

Bay rat also makes a " billy baroo"

Over the years, it's been this:

P4190002.jpg

3 1/2" Smithwick in the old log perch pattern.  Sadly they no longer make it in that smaller size only the 4 1/2" and gave it a different name.

I think it is just about the most perfect goby imitation out there.  I'm down to only 2 or 3 left in my box :doh:

Paul,

I spoke to the Bay Rat guys while at the Niagra Falls show and they said that a "Billy Baroo" was on the drawing board.  I didn't

know that it had been released yet.  Undoubtedly, a soon to be favorite brown trout bait.

Usually done with sticks come May 1st.  By then I am all spoons.  Baits like Dreamweaver SS would be an excellent bet for browns.  I run a lot of Northport nailers also.

Paul,

I spoke to the Bay Rat guys while at the Niagra Falls show and they said that a "Billy Baroo" was on the drawing board. I didn't

know that it had been released yet. Undoubtedly, a soon to be favorite brown trout bait.

It hasn't been released yet. With some "prodding", a few of us got Bay Rat to make a few prototypes and we ran them last year. They performed very well and you will be seeing them on the site soon I'm sure.