A bad walleye start

Trolled Chaumont all day Saturday and boated several pike and missed a good handful of hits. Trolled Mud Bay saturday night and hit the pike/smallies to end the day with a huge wally skunkeroo. Went to Black River Bay buoys sunday morning and got picked apart by the white perch on the harnesses and boated zero walleye by the time I got blown off the bay. Trolled the river with harnesses late morning and the white perch effectively ended my day with a HUGE wally skunk. My friends boated some nice walleye in Chaumont saturday and some folks were catching them in the Black River. I hope some east end LO folks had better days than me.

I didn't do well on Honeoye either. Caught just about every species BUT walleye. I can't say the folks around me seemed to be doing any better. Heard at the bait store that one father and son team limited out Saturday AM.

I didn't do well on Honeoye either. Caught just about every species BUT walleye. I can't say the folks around me seemed to be doing any better. Heard at the bait store that one father and son team limited out Saturday AM.

This morning, Dan Sharp at Honeoye Bait and Tackle told me that the father and son team had caught nine eyes and kept six. He said they caught them on crawler harnesses.

Also talked to the gentleman at Art's Bait Shop (who's usually vary reliable) that so far they've taken mostly 7 to 10 pounders at night. I asked him where and he told me all around the lake.

I wasn't convinced on those hefty weights, but it could very well be true.

Has anyone heard of any successful in tight walleye trolling around Barcelona? We heard the water temp is still below 50º.

i fished black river bay am. sat. and chaumont pm. sat. with the exact same results. I wonder if the high temps two weeks ago pushed them out of the bays??? keep those chaumont reports up. love to hear them.

Have any of you guys trolled the St. Lawrence, Canadian side of the river around Gananoque(sp?), just west of the bridge. Will be up there around the fourth of july and was wonderng what the ticket is for them on that side with all the current.

thanks

jeff

Have any of you guys trolled the St. Lawrence, Canadian side of the river around Gananoque(sp?), just west of the bridge. Will be up there around the fourth of july and was wonderng what the ticket is for them on that side with all the current.

thanks

jeff

Jeff, I have caught walleye in the channel (deep water) off Leek island near the border and have set up productive drifts near corn island by Gananoque. I used worm harnesses and heavy bucktail jigs with worms. Several years ago but they were good spots then. Also it was in june.