Hey guys,

Last late Aug I lost my probe and a troutman 12lb torpedo of the Genny in about 80-100 fow. If anyone happens to snag it bottom bouncing for lakers this year, I'd appreciate it if it was returned. I think the probe may float off bottom, never tested , but it is hollow. Good luck this year, can't wait to get out. Thanks Steve.e. ([email protected])

Pretty sure they sink too. I've hung them off rigger with no weight. They sink. Good luck. I've brought up rigger rods and coppers before!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I one time was trolling on seneca (I know right) and brought in a dipsy that turned dead. Only to find my paddle and fly was gone and instead had a j 11 rapala twisted in my line. Was very interesting. That same weekend, got my paddle back dragging the same area, except that was tangled with 400 foot of line. At least it looked it. Have any diving buddies?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think I may have the record so far :lol:  I was fishing on the east side of Seneca in 60 ft of water for perch and I was using two rods and placed one ia rod holder while bringing in a fish and I accidentally knocked the other rod (favorite ultralite setup) out of the holder and into the water sank to the bottom and I said a few choice words and the fish stopped hitting so I left. about three months later I was pulling copper with a Pfleugar spoon for trout in that same place and I hooked into something that felt like a branch or something when I got it up I immediately recognized my rod and reel (reel had my name engraved on it) I was totally dumbstruck.....what do you think the chances are connected with that happening? I took the reel apart and dried it out and oiled it up put it back together good as new rod wasn't affected in any way either.

Edited by Sk8man

Wow! Nice Les. We were fishing for cats on the Susquehanna in a boat in 18 fow ,fish on and my buddy sets the hook and the lantern goes swimming. pitch black out. my buddy takes his rod and drops his line down and hooks it first try, we still talk about that lucky shot.. I paid him back that same year when he got pissed and threw his 6 iron in a pond I stripped and walked in and got it for him, said you will need that on the next par 3, getting stuff out of bad situation thats what friends are for... :lol::lol:

May have been some drinking involved in both situations.:lol:

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Last year I was fishing a musky tourney on waneta....about an hour left in the day I cast and for what ever reason I let go and threw a brand new rod n reel in about 12ft of mud stained water...... After throwing a tantrum like a 3yr old I grabbed an ultra lite pole and a big pike jig and after about 15 casts and dragging the bottom I pulled my gear back up....and that was the only thing I caught that day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As a kid I remember still fishing Lake Erie in a boat with worms for walleye/bass with my dad and neighbor. Neighbor set his rod down to eat his sandwich and drink his beer when a fish hit and pulled the rod right in the water. After a few choice words that should not have been said in front of me, he rigged up another rod and went back to fishing. When we went to move to the next spot, we pulled up the anchor and the line was caught on it -- pulled up the line to get the rod/reel, plus the fish was still on it. The only thing that could have made the story better was if it was a great fish, but instead it was a stupid sheephead.