Exceeding line test on Daiwa 27H reel

My friend has limited funds and wants to put 30lbs. test Cortland FleaFlicker line on his Daiwa 27H to use on his downriggers. The 27h reels have test pound limit of 20. I am asking here because I don't anything about Daiwa reels. He is doing this to avoid fleas. Any problems with exceeding this limit by 10 pounds.

I understand the desire to keep fleas off your lines, but I wouldn't use flea flicker line. I spooled this onto my 47H's and hated it. Just my experience.

This line is oval in shape and it never laid flat on the reel and took up more of the reel's rated capacity than std line.

Most people I talked with use 30# big game and it has similar results in keeping the fleas off.

Again, just my experience.

Thanks And

Boat Safe

Edggdy

The only problem you will have is reel capacity. It will be an issue with a reel that small loaded with heavy mono.

X2

You will only get about 120 yds of 30lb test on a 27, maybe even less with Flea Flicker.

Might work ok for trout but you're likely to get spooled with a king. 

You could run 50 or so yards of 30lb mono and back it with 30lb power pro.  That'd give you the extra line needed for long runs.  Basically what everyone does with copper or lead cores, works well with mono too.