Port Bay

Anyone have a look at Port Bay launch and channel recently? Hoped to get out Sunday with a guy new to lake fishing. If not any acess close to there open?

Talked to Hank (L&M) today and he said last look he had was not pretty.

Thanks,

Bruce

Ice need to go out before they open up the channel Bruce. It fills up with rocks over the winter and is impassible until they dig it out. I'ts got a could amount of ice but I would assume it would be fully opened up by next week an should be dug out not much long after. The bay is also very very low.

Hi Bruce, Rippin'Line's right, the channel is still filled in.

I drove down to the channel last Tuesday, and the road is finally clear of ice and snow.  The public boat launch is clear, but no dock yet. 

There was a northwest wind blowing and the north end of the bay, and the channel were clear of ice. With this wind and rain, I wouldn't be surprised if the ice is gone by now. 

Maybe Hank could give us an update?  He might even know the dig schedule for the channel.

Jim

Think I could have snuck out the channel in the Smokercraft but opted for Ibay with the neighbors kids for an hour and a half after the boys baseball practice. Ran four sticks off boards in 4-18 FOW. Never made it to Shipbuilders as their daughter was freezing. Nice to get out on the little boat ad see its ready for the season! Noah loved bass in Port Bay last fall!

Bruce

bbolger,

You could have made it out through the channel without any problem, as long as you stayed in the middle.

I was wasting some time today, casting off the pier, and watched three small boats go through.  They all appeared to be 16 footers.  One of the fellows told me he had about 2-1/2 to 3 feet of water under the boat.  Also, they did 3 for 5 browns.

Jim