Need a Mercruiser outdrive lower half

I went on a Shakedown today, before our first tourny. Put the boat in, no reverse, no drive. pulled the boat, found a crack in the outdrive where the prop is. Also the shaft was very loose and so was the nut. I had water come out of the lower unit when I went to change the lube. I imagine it had water that froze and caused all the damage. 

I have a 1984 Chris Craft. 5.0 liter engine, I/O serial number tag was plastic and broke off, but the numbers on the side of the lower unit are 6712640, and 1     50R.   That's all I know about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Jason

Hey Jason you might want to contact Hank (L&M) on here. Sorry to hear about it bud.

Edited by Sk8man

Man sorry to hear that Jason, just what you needed after busting your hump all winter, now you just want to enjoy yourself, now this pain in your side. Don't feel alone in this world I got the boat all ready and last Wednesday the motor in my expedition took a dump, I had a garage pull the motor for me now I'm in the process of rebuilding it. I looked at a crate engine from ford YIKES!!! The truck not worth the price of a new motor and a used one isn't the best option either because it's a common thing on the 5.4liter Triton to blow head gaskets, so I'd probably be in the same boat in due time, so for half the money I'll rebuild it myself and hope to make the walleye open date!! Hope the best for you as I'm well on my way just waiting on the heads, then assemble the old girl and deliver it to the garage to put it back in the truck!!! There went a lot of gas money from my boat funds!! LOL.

Glad it worked out for you. Still sucks for a nut like that to crack unexpectably at the start of season.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah, you got that right! Taking a 0 on the first tourney really put a stick in the eye! Marlene got a gear change and shes pretty throttle responsive. Not a speed boat by any means, but really good low end throttle. glad we changed the gear ratio!