Large selection of Honey Bee Lure for sale. Getting out of stocking them, going to get other manufactures to sell maybe they can supply me when I place an order. Stop down or call to see if I have what you are looking for. Fishy Business 607-368-2306

post-152216-0-11989100-1428840591_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Fishy

Large selection of Honey Bee Lure for sale. Getting out of stocking them, going to get other manufactures to sell maybe they can supply me when I place an order. Stop down or call to see if I have what you are looking for. Fishy Business 607-368-2306

. Maybe some pics.

I'll try to help fishy out a little here. These examples are the smallest sized Honeybees (about 2 inches or so) but they come in larger sizes as well. The small ones work on brown trout in particular.  The Great Lakes 44's also work great on them as well and on the rainbows and landlocks.

post-145411-0-37553600-1428799208_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-33932900-1428799221_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-36471300-1428799824_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-16992800-1428799838_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

They look impressive Les, what's the problem it sounds like supplying this man with the product is the issue? If that's the case, that's a shame as they look like a good eye spoon. Oh well we have other guys on here that put their heart and sole into their products and we shall support them as they do us. Tight lines to all as the 2015 season has finally arrived!!!! PAP.

They look impressive Les, what's the problem it sounds like supplying this man with the product is the issue? If that's the case, that's a shame as they look like a good eye spoon. Oh well we have other guys on here that put their heart and sole into their products and we shall support them as they do us. Tight lines to all as the 2015 season has finally arrived!!!! PAP.

I hope Fishy finds a better supplier we need these guys as they handle what works for the area unlike the big box store that carry the run of the mill. I really like going through the fishing shops around the lake just to see and buy the homemade so to speak items, such as spoons, flies ect. Stuff you don't even know existed if you never ventured into these shops. Good luck to all, and a prosperous 2015 year!!

• 2 months later...

Apparently there is some misinformation floating around. We are not going out of business nor are we even scaling back! We have been in business since 1983.

A number of years ago we made the switch from selling through distribution channels and/or retail stores, to direct customer purchases on the internet. We are rebuilding in the direct consumer market first to help fund our further expansion. The number of stores that failed and the number of bad credit risks involving large sums of money, were just too much of a financial burden.

FISHY BUSINESS IS THE SINGLE EXCEPTION and the only retail store we were recently selling to. His credit and his word are stellar. The only problem he and I had was him wanting to purchase most of what I was out of and a size that simply was not selling anywhere but at his store. That is still a problem as we ramp back up and change over to new production runs and a change to a proprietary small HEX pattern. This size will be available in 2016,... no matter what Fishy says!

We have a very extensive selection on our pages that will ship upon receipt of order. No delays ... no confusion. We have every intention of maintaining our website AND resuming sales to retail stores that meet are payment terms. I simply cannot afford to finance retail outlets. And we have not and do not plan to sell to big box stores.

Check out our website, www.tamiron.com, and judge for yourselves. If this isn't customer service, then I am afraid I don't know what is!

Edited by tamiron

If Fishy is willing to sell at that price, and without shipping, I would suggest that everyone should contact him as soon as possible! I can't and won't sell at that level. These are great lures and Fishy is doing me a great favor by getting them out to the public. Please get as many Honeybees as you can at that price. My turn will come as people re-discover that, perhaps, they are one of the best lures ever made! So my feelings won't be hurt at all! /Jim Martino

Honey Bees are very good spoons and I'm glad they are still being manufactured and sold. With that said I also know Fishy is an honest businessman who always tries to accomodate folks including sharing his knowledge and information about Keuka Lake fishing especially and he is always amenable to stocking things of interest to fishermen. It is too bad things can't be worked out equitably with a resolution somehow so that both of you small business guys can profit from the sale of those lures and we the customers can continue fully supporting both of you in your efforts and then everyone wins. Sometimes compromises can do wonders for businesses. :)

Please understand that I completely agree with what you said below.

"Fishy is an honest businessman who always tries to accommodate folks including sharing his knowledge and information about Keuka Lake fishing especially and he is always amenable to stocking things of interest to fishermen."

This choice of mine requires an understanding of my financial interests and affordability. It is almost impossible to run a consumer business at those required inventory levels and also serve the retailers adequately. We are on a course to go back to attempting to radically increase our investment in inventory to do just that while insisting on prepayment from retailers. That way we can do both and avoid the risk and exposure. Our inventory, however, will reflect what I can afford, what the customers want and some trial SKUs for the new year. If a retailer insists on ordering what I don't carry, then we will be out of some SKUs, temporarily, or longer, unless that Retailer is willing to buy 300 of the same size and color, which is a really bad decision for him.

Don't know fishy but I can testify that Jim Martino is a straight up guy and a friend of the fishermen.

I been running his spoons for a long time and they produce both on the Finger Lakes and Ontario.

I wail on the Browns with some of his old Honey Bees.

About 10 years ago I was prefishing for the Oswego Proam and started hammering fish on a particular natural bait fish pattern.

I had two of these spoons in the boat and broke one off on a big fish.

I called Jim and told him my situation with the tournament in two days and only one spoon in the boat.

Jim went out of his way to overnight me a dozen spoons to the camp ground and he was happy to do it.

Didn't win that particular proam but we took third and didn't miss the win by much.

I'm glad to see your  getting things going again Jim and I will be in touch as my stock is dwindling.

Capt. Glen Gervais

Edited by spoonfed-1

I understand Jim. You guys are both coming at it from different angles and it is not a straightforward problem and I certainly wish both of you luck in your respective ventures. The retail business and the manufacturing/distribution ends of things can be pretty different "animals" to tame :) 

Glen:

Good to hear from you. Glad I could help and really glad that the spoons are still producing for you.

Unfortunately, the marketing of the spoon has suffered as life goes on, but the product stays and now we are committed to restore it to its rightful place with marketing and and a new commitment to manufacturing. With everybody's support and ideas we will do our best to meet all of the marketplace demands. Each opportunity will be treated with respect and honor. We have no enemies, just friends who are doing other things right now, and we hope they will rejoin us in the future. It won't always be easy, but if it's worth having it's also worth fighting for.