Chaumont

ffchris17

Looks like it is breaking up but the area between PP and Sackets still has a lot of ice.  Only a matter of time with this warm weather and rain.  Looking forward to hooking up with some marble eyes.  I will have a full boat this year, I shouldn't have showed so many pictures to my fishing buddies.

Is there a recommended launch to fish this area from? Can you get out from the launch in Three Mile Bay on 12E or is it a better shot from Chamount.

Get there early that launch is small and LOTS of guys launch there.  The launch at black river and Chaumont are a little bigger and might have a better chance of being able to park.  There is also a marina on the north side of the Chaumont bay bridge that I think allows people to launch for a small fee.

Thanks guys. I am familiar with the location of all three ramps. Many years ago I put in at Dexter and fished out into the bay. However I caught all the Eyes in the current tight up to the dam. So I hear and read about Chamount Bay for spring walleye and our place is in Cape Vincent. I usually trailer right by and go to Onieda for the day. Thought about giving this another shot after many years.

Dennis