Trophy boats

mullenj

Looking for a forum for trophy boat owners. I have a WA2002 (2006 model year). There used to be one on the Iboat forum but can't find it now. I have questions about upgrading fish wells, and also hardtop retro-fits. Any others interested?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I have a 2007 Trophy 2002WA   .  what Upgrades were you thinking on the Fish wells ? I added rubber gaskets around the rim to keep rainwater out , new latches that are easier to grab and Spring Type hatch holders , you goota have these , keeps the well hatch open - tap the side with your foot or hand and it closes . I probably have every gadget on my Boat Except a Hardtop ( would not fit in the garage ).

I,d like to see the spring latches you mention. Can you post a pic? I had heard about gaskets to keep rainwater out of fish wells, but not sure how to proceed. Where did you get the gaskets, and did you simply use marine goop to install them under the lid of fish box? Thanks!

They are called Spring Hatch Arms (West Marine 4914792 ).    The self-adhesive Weather seal I got from Trophy , they started using it in 2009 I think. or you can get close substitute at West Marine 1955046 . Just make sure you degrease area and scuff with Scotch Brite pad or fine sandpaper before applying . 

post-152881-0-33200300-1429130926_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes , mine is 5/8" wide  and about 1/4" hi , probably flattened out a bit . if it is hollow then it is the same. yours should be fine . When rounding corner go slow and press hard. Apply silicone spray to gasket  occasionally .

Just remembered , I had to cut back side of lip a bit on one cover because it would  not clear the gasket . 

Good tips. I have a 2001 2002WA and I'm always looking for handy customizations. I don't have a lot of gadgets on mine, but did add a small solar panel and charge controller to keep the batteries topped off. That has been pretty handy. I attached the panel to the top of the outboard with industrial strength velcro.

Question for Down Deep: I am having trouble removing hatches (to place gasket in channel behind hinges) since it's hard to remove nuts from hinges; how did you do that? I am thinking of putting gasket on underside of hatch, rather than in the channel; do you think that would work? Thanks for your input!

No need to remove hatches , check my picture . the gasket goes on the highest part of the well crown , not down in the drain channels . I will take more pics if you want . Gasket makes contact with the underside of cover , not cover lip . Maybe they changed the style in 07 ?

Edited by Down Deep

Now I get it. Looks like fish wells are the same between model years. Sure makes it much easier not having to deal with hinges. Thanks again!

That is one thing I never thought of , it would come in handy to charge third battery . will it keep up with amp draw or is it mostly for recharging  when docked ?

I've never tracked the exact gain, but I know that I've had some long days with the radio on and also left the fish finder on accidentally for a whole week and didn't have a problem. The charge controller distributes the charge as needed according to battery levels. At the very least it is keeping things topped off and preventing concern over running accessories without the motor on.