Anybody with eyes on Erie?

Some open water along the south shore but plenty of scattered ice all the way to Ohio. It should be gone earlier this year though as it is not packed deep and solid now.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Maybe the Kenton Bee knows more than we do..."Boom Days" starts this Saturday, the 18th

Boom Days — Kick-off WNY’s spring cultural season with a day of showcasing the best and brightest at the 15th annual event, commencing with the lifting of the Lake Erie-Niagara River ice boom. Featuring food trucks, live music, cultural showcase, fireboat and fireworks display, 1:30-11 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at Silo City, 92 Childs St

I see the lake daily. Came over center road between Dunkirk and silver creek yesterday afternoon and its all ice as far as I could see. It is going to be a while. It looked better several days ago. Ice is packed up tight from Dunkirk east with minimal open water.

You guys are depressing me, looking at Modis looks like the ice is broken up and losing ground fast, we are having warm temps everyday but they seem to not be doing as much damage to the ice as myself and many others had hoped. :(

Looking at the camera there in Buffalo it shows not much ice there, and yesterday there was much more. I never paid much attention to this Erie thing before. I am anxious for a good trip to Wilson for the LOC.

Edited by Tony G

Tony,

You sound like me last year. You just never know what the new season will bring. I remember years ago fish the edge of the ice flow during the LOC and nailing laker after laker. Guys that went just a mile or two west in to Canada got in to some kings. Last year because of the late boom release I thought I’d be smart and bought a Canadian license. We fished down in front of Welland a couple days and got in to a few kings in the morning but it shut down by 9am. Had one good evening where we did 15 or so kings but they were all small. Didn’t go any further west than Welland but from what I heard nobody was nailing them down there either. Reports where that you had to be at least to Oak Orchard and east to get in to a decent number of kings. Not sure why the two years were different. I have a different game plan this year and with my luck they will stack up in Canada again this year. Why don’t we put tracking devices on a 100 or so teenagers in the fall so we know where they will all be in the Spring. LOL

DR