Venture boat trailers

Frogger

Anyone out there that has any experience with this brand of bunk type trailer? Ready to pull the trigger on one or something but have read some poor articles regarding quality / rust on everything but the frame. I realize it might be a lower price but sometimes that might be a good thing. Any information of how its holding up would be much appreciative. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I've owned 2 of them. The lastest I just bought in August of last year. I bought the aluminum I beam trailer and I believe they are and excellent trailer. No issues with either of them. They seem well built. I'm glad I bought them. I currently have the dual axle, 7000lb aluminum trailer with bunks and disk brakes. Pevious trailers owned; Loadrite, Caulkins, 5 Starr and Eagle and the Venture is by far the best IMO.

Total Chaos

post-141352-0-77888800-1429083254_thumb.jpg

Edited by Total Chaos

Totally agree with Total Chaos, I own the same trailer with same Boat and is by far the best trailer I've ever owned. Did have to make a few adjustments to it like moving the axle toward the rear and the bow forward, fits like a charm trailering 400 miles to get to Lake O....................Pete

Have had a 7000lb aluminum Venture bunk trailer since 2008. Trailer has been OK - had couple wiring issue's where wires got crushed by the mounting clips. Trailer could have a better harness and different mounting so they probably saved some bucks there. Frame and running gear has been fine. I had the option of a more expensive trailer but went with the Venture as I was already 15K over budget with a new boat instead of my original plan of buying used. For the amount of towing I do it works. With fresh water use no problems at all with any rust. If I was buying a trailer today I'd look at a Venture and check out a couple of other brands to see if the features were worth a higher price.

You definitely want a good sturdy trailer to protect all that great work you did on your "baby" this season Mike. I know after I had a trailer split in half on my previous boat while in the launch ramp trying to load it on at Canandaigua my choice will always be either galvanized or aluminum :lol:

PD Bouy, I couldn't move my axle back becausethe spring mounts are welded to the frame instead of being ubolted like normal. It would have been nice to move it back. I just moved the boat ahead on the trailer and it's fine now. I will make 1 more adjustment after I dump the boat in next week. Other than that it tows like a champ.

Total Chaos

I bought a tri-axle from Krenzer Marine also. They had the information I needed. The price was a few hundred bucks cheaper, they took care of license plates/registration and they're pleasant people to work with (thanks Vince P.).  Plus I saved driving miles as They're only in Sodus Point.

You can call them at (315) 483-6986

I go pick up my new to me boat with it this coming Monday. Wish me luck

I'm with ya Les, plus I'm planning on visiting a lot more different lakes so yea I need to protect the investment. Spoke with Krenzers yesterday and yes very nice people to deal with. Good luck PT on the boat! Ps: went to factory direct up in Ontario and was a mad house. They must sell a ton but I think there in need of more staffing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hey Mike I dealt with Paul Krenzer in the past and actually bought  my first Whaler from him. It was a hold over from when he dealt with Whalers and was his own personal boat that he took just that one time to Florida  just before I bought it... He is a good guy as is his brother Ed. 

Hey Mike I dealt with Paul Krenzer in the past and actually bought  my first Whaler from him. It was a hold over from when he dealt with Whalers and was his own personal boat that he took just that one time to Florida  just before I bought it... He is a good guy as is his brother Ed. 

Paul and Ed sold the business about 10 years ago to Tim Habecker and his father both of whom are great people to deal with as well. Good Luck with your trailer choice!

Just picked up my new Venture tri-axle trailer from Krenzers and those folks are awesome. As it came from the factory, it didn't fit my Penn Yan Predator. They spent about an hour (working time) adjusting it to another Predator that was nearby. Put it on the motor lift fit it then checked the tongue weight. No extra charge. I'm a very happy boater. :yes:  :ninja:  

Thanks TT. Incidentally I was able to meet up with him and his dad this weekend and had a blast from the past, we rolled around on the mat back in the day. His dad was one heck of a coach.

Picked up my boat yesterday. The venture trailer handles very nice over the road and the boat went on, first try. The target bunks did their job! 

post-143614-0-90223600-1429868322_thumb.jpg

Edited by Patriot

Picked up my boat yesterday. The venture trailer handles very nice over the road and the boat went on, first try. The target bunks did their job! 

Did you drive it on like we talked Patriot?  By the way nice to meet you Saturday.  Sorry I was busy with my surveyor when you stopped over.

Did you drive it on like we talked Patriot?  By the way nice to meet you Saturday.  Sorry I was busy with my surveyor when you stopped over.

Yes Brian. Got it to within a foot or so, then just backed up the trailer more into the water. The trailer fit the boat like a glove. I couldn't believe how stable it was.

Hey Brian, everybody was busy because we all need to make hay while the sun shines.

I'll see you around camp.

Greg

Just to add to the positive string of customer service out of Krenzers. Got a new shorelander, was a little too wide with the axle, took care of me by swapping it for me. What a great group to deal with.

• 6 years later...

Well I can not recommend New Venture trailers at all I bought a new 2022 Venture VATB - 5225  aluminum and it lasted 200 miles before the tongue bent in half. So before you say/think it was over loaded or misloaded read on. I am a Heavy duty mechanic and have had boats for almost 50 years. 

trailer rated for 4,800 lbs boat with full load of fuel 3600 lbs

tongue weight is suppose to be between 180 lbs and 330 lbs actual tongue weight is 220 lbs 

Trailer is DEAD level with 80 lbs in air bags

The forward winch hook is one inch off center (pulling bow ever so slightly at a downward angle)

There is a tiedown strap up (Safety)over the bow and under the main frames of trailer max rating is 1,000 lbs and is just there for safety as per recommendations of N M M A National Marine of Association. Which is the basis for the placement of the boat on trailer. 

Venture's warranty is not worth the paper it is written on and they do not accept any responsibility for collateral damage.

My rig is a 2009 GMC 3500  with a 9.6 Big foot camper and towing a 2000 trophy. I was driving down a hwy that had several dips in it suddenly without any warning the tonge buckled  and pushed the spare tire into the pavement untill it exploded. I was doing somewhere between 50 to 60 mph in a 60 mph zone. 1162074165_IMG_0912(1).thumb.JPG.c38b14cf9ba701f1fcfbf895f5557788.JPG1367783363_IMG_0962(3).thumb.JPG.21770c308d7c299d93f51d45013af59a.JPGIMG_0850.thumb.JPG.dfdc25c7119d57d50b111c948e771be5.JPGIMG_0918.thumb.JPG.e09b59425e065ed746b32c7f0f319daf.JPG

So after a month the new tongue came in but they (Venture) refused to install it said it was up to me to install NOT. So after a month of go around involving the BBB -thank goodness they exist-the dealer finally relented and it is being fixed as we speak. But they still blame me for the bow strap bending the tongue and the boat being improperly loaded on the trailer. The pics are the bent split tongue blown out tire and the boat just before we left on our trip. 

Is that a longer tongue due to camper?  Wonder how that effects load position?  Might be worth the time to have it scaled.  With a longer tongue, it might mean axles need to come forward to balance load.  With a low mile failure worth doing some checking.