Tuna tom or other reel repairs

I have an Okuma catalina 45 for years that I used for my 10 color lead core set up. My clicker seems to be stuck. I can use the reel but would like to get it fixed. Is there anyone on Lake O that can fix it, or should I send to to Tuna Tom that I have heard about on here. Also I spoke to Okuma last year about it but they said it would most likely be upgraded with some money to make up the difference for a cost of a new one. Please me know what my what you think would be the best way to go here. Thanks.post-142888-14290581802817_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Do you also put better drags in reels etc like what some of the guys are talking about here in the LOU? Let me know I may send you a few things if the prices are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I use smooth drag carbon washers. You can check the prices on their website, www.smoothdrag.com

I charge the cleaning price plus the price of the drag washer kit.

If you want to talk it over before you send them my number is on my website.

Thanks Chris.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Reelguy (Chris) is the real deal. Sent him a few reels last friday... Some bait casters and a couple daiwa sealine line counters. They arrived back to me today all cleaned/lubed and look great...1 week turnaround! Just wanted to give this guy a plug... will be sending a few more reels your way later this season.. Thanks again Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by JOE ESOX

Sorry, I don't mean to take anything from a local fellow, but nobody touches my Okuma reels but Paul at Tuna's Reel Troubles. I own over 30 Okuma reels and  get great service and very fast turn around and they are a factory authorized warrenty repair center for Okuma, very good to deal with  tight lines, good luck!

I baby my reels too when it comes to servicing them but I made the mistake of reading what some other guys do to Hot Rod their reels and now I go way overboard cleaning and polishing the spool bearings, shaft and any metal surface that creates friction, slowing the free spool down. Now keep in mind this is not necessary to service a reel, it's just my OCD kicking in. I've even cut the tip off of a cue-tip, put the cut end in a drill and polished the pinion gear with toothpaste to get more free spool. I also remove the bearing shields, clean the bearings out with Brake Cleaner fluid, a drop of Tsi lube, put the shields back on the bearings and they're like new again. I've heard a lot of good things about TT's, but I'm also convinced Reelguy is just as good.