Hello everyone, i am a newbie here and on fishing forums.... We are planning a fishing trip to the bowmanville area at the beginnig of august for salmon and we would like to have more info about the techniques,lures place to stay etc... We own our own boat and would be free lancers... We are experienced fishermans and are used to go after lake trout on champlain lake and landlock just around quebec... We do not know much about salmon from the great lakes and we want to go and try it.... So if you can help me i would appreciate it a lot... Thank's Erick Grandbois

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am from north of Quebec and it will be my first time on Lake Ontario. I am in Newcastle and got tired of fishing on the shore. I decided to buy a boat. Could you tell me if I need to change my fishing rod to something bigger or stronger? What size of fishing line do I need? Depht? How much line should have behind the boat? I have a lot of questions!

Thanks for helping.

Michel

Eric & Michel

Look at the thread "New to Ontario" under the Fishing Reports- South Shore. There's a lot of good info there to get you started then you can look in the archived threads for more info as questions come to mind. As Ray said there is a lot of info on www.attheoak.com also.

It takes time to get the basics down then you will start to realize how little we actually know and how much we still need to learn. That's what keeps it interesting and fun

Mudflat

Michel, if you are interested in a quick how to on Lake O I suggest you check out the charters in Darlington. There are a good number who cater to Quebecors & speak French fluently if that's a problem. Fishchallenger, Gettitwet & Sporty Gord just to name a few.