Rookie on W Ontario

Yooper

Hi - I am a Lake Superior and Lake Michigan trout/salmon passionate fisherman. I was primarily in waders for steelies until I could afford my first boat 3 yrs ago.

I know a little bit about the Pulaski fishery ; outstanding experiences and great local fisherpeople!

I am a pure rookie to the west side of the pond. I have heard there can be a decent King congregation there in early May.

Can anyone help me understand a good week to target? I live in Vermont so travel cost is hard to justify. My wife has not caught on that fish cost a bit less at our local market.

Thank you in advance for all your help! I will return the favor! I can keep you appraised of landlock activity on the Dead Sea (Lake Champlain). It is not too fun fishing for light wrestlers after experiencing a few Powerhouses on Lake Ontario. That is a healthy pond!

Thanks, the damn Yooper

If you are going this year target Olcott/Wilson area late May. Due to the cold winter and the ice boom not being removed yet it is going to be a crap shoot this year if they even congregate in numbers down there at all. They didn't last year and this winter was about the same. In most years mid- May is most consistent. I always go the first week of May because of tourneys and usually do well.