$10,000.00 IN CASH & PRIZES

As promised the Wilson Harbor community will be providing you with a weekend of entertainment and activities. We are excited to announce our main event, this will be taking place on Saturday evening May 31st at The Sunset Grille, located in Sunset Bay Marina. This event will begin @ 7pm and lasting til ? There will be drink specials, food, musical entertainment, raffles and plenty of giveaways including awarding Saturdays top teams! The Bacardi Girls may also show up! We want to remind you that this and all functions are open to ALL Pro Am contestants no matter which port you choose to utilize, we encourage you to bring your friends! We would like to thank the Sunset Grille for their generous hospitality and effort in making this event a reality! Remember... All Wilson teams both Pro & Am must register by Friday afternoon (5pm) at The Wilson Boatyard Gas Shack. FYI... There are still a few slips availiable contact [email protected] for information STAY TUNED FOR MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.... Talk about undermining!!!!! Frankly ladies and gentelman the tournament is STILL ON as scheduled along with many events planned throughout the weekend. Frankly, if you recieve Great Lakes Angler check out page 51 of the most recent issue (June 2008) for our ad and list of sponors, we are sure many of you will be quite suprised! Along with the Salmon Slam functions we have also pledged a $500.00 prize for the biggest fish caught on Saturday of the tournament. This prize is open to ALL participants of the event. So.... as the drama continues it is unfortunate that a few folks have nothing better to do than attempt to prevent a community from holding a hospitality event to promote their businesses! Remember this remains a free event to our guests! If you have any concerns feel free to email us at [email protected] And to any of our new guests or for those that need reassurance, when you arrive you will be amazed with the facilities and all that we will be offering. Please remember that participating teams must sign in at the Wilson Boatyard Gas Shack by Friday at 5pm to participate. You will recieve your captains bag and all of the goodies. We look forward to seeing our old friends and look forward to making some new ones!

[/img]

Thanks for the reply message...Good to get this cleared up...WOW I thought I got the info from a reliable source...guess not :$

Wilson Boat House is a very very nice spot on the lake. I would have to say the best as far as I'm concerned..I will be there fishing with Mark for both Pro-Ams..see ya then.

It is quite unfortunate that those who pretend to be "in the know" have enough time on their hands to start such rumors. It is also unfortunate that those who portray that they are "in the know" suffer from such a case of little mans disease. What continues to amaze me the most is the effort these folks have put into attempting to undermine this event with gossip and assumptions. Rather than placing ALL of this energy towards making this a positive, those "in the know" continue to beat a dead horse. Think about it, the Wilson community is giving away FREE money and prizes to thank those who patronize their businesses and to hopefully add a bit of spice and most importantly new blood to the exsisting tournament format. It is quite aparent after viewing the ad in GLA that there is considerable support for this event! It is quite an impressive list! As the behind the scene undermining and negativity continues I am confident that the sponsors of this event of both cash and merchindise have already stepped up to the plate and are moving forward with poise and professionalism.

Pq1mloPS.jpg

I would like to express my thanks in advance to the people and businesses behind this effort. Anything that brings more prizes, sponsors, and attention to the Pro Am can only be a positive thing in the long run.

I am now confused, are only the boats docked at Wilson allowed to enter the the event or are all in the pro/am eligable???? Or is it just the party everyone is invited to particpate in.

Bob Songin

The way I read it is....Party is for all Pro/Am participants, the $500 for the largest fish on Saturday is also for all participants but the rest of the prize money is only for those who are in Wilson. Correct?

You are correct Shade in that all the evening events as well as the Saturday biggest fish award are open to ALL Pro/Am participants. To be elegible to participate in The Salmon Slam you must be slipped in the Wilson Harbor. The biggest fish of the day for Saturday weather it be Pro or Am will recieve a $500.00 cash prize (winner must be present at the Saturday evening event to recieve their prize money)

If there are any questions or confusion please feel free to email us at [email protected] we will answer your message promptly!

Just a reminder to all the boats slipped in Wilson that desire to participate in the event. YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE WILSON BOATYARD GAS SHACK ON THURSDAY TIL 9pm OR FRIDAY BY 5pm.

At this point in time I am sure you know how the prize structure will be set, can you please post it so we know what to expect. I would like to know absolutes. I know you will be paying 1, 2 and 3 in each division Pro and Am. But what is the breakdown how much cash for each place and how much in prizes for each place. I would believe it would be set by now, with only a week left before the event.

Bob Songin

Just an observation here as I continue to watch the internal politics unfold regarding this function. I must first say forgive me if I step on any toes as I truly may be misinterpeting the context of mr. songins post!!! Also I must say that I applaud the Businesses that have contributed and worked hard to obtain sponsors for their event! But, if I am not mistaken, the salmon slam is giving away money and prizes without requiring an entery fee....... correct? Its my understanding...... they are saying that this will be $10000.00 in cash and prizes, similiar to any tournaments advertising on any of the great lakes. The question I would like to ask here is what does it matter what the payous will be? I must add that I have fished the Pro/Ams in both divisions on many teams as a participant and an observer so i do have some experience and you really don't know what their exact payout will be until the night of the observers meeting. Correct? I am not sure if i made my point with this post but in my humble opinion nobody is forcing anybody to fish in the salmon slam the only requirement is that you are signed up gor the pro -am and fish out of wilson. doesnt seem to be to hard of a decision.....or does it?

3dfx,imshure 99.9% of the people on this site are way above that shallow of thinking ,i see bobs post as a question not another attack. im shure he just had a question as to what was on the line to justify changing ports . as this is a first time challange im also shure that every dot and T ant done yet and sometimes questions need to arise to better the challange and keep all involved informed,kinda builds the excitement level ,well at least it does for me. P.S. welcome to the site we look forward to your fishing reports.Ray K. .......PEGASUS........home port whereever i launch..

Ray.... i am sure you are correct regarding the integrity of the members on this site as well as all fisherman in general. again i am not trying to stir poop here in any way. the unfortunate thing here is the way things are seeming to be potraied. i am not sure of the changing of ports issue you mentioned because the last time i launched out of wilson i believe i did see some of the tournament boats already at beccue marina? like i said......... i am not here to stir poop and have been entertained as well as learning a great deal from the info on this board. also i continue to have great respect for the sucessful capts that fish this lake with bob being a frontrunner in many ways. so..... i wonder what the difficulty is. as i sit here and digest this i don't see any challenge as you described. it appears to be it is what it is, nothing more nothing less. as a customer i would be greatful to have the opportunity to fish for extra money for free. i agree with many that it is a great incentive and of course if i was still fishing the tournament i would discuss with the team to consider wilson. but a challenge.... i guess i am a bit nieve to whats going on then, so perhaps i should shut my mouth. Dave........ home port where ever the the good reports are coming from.

Dear 3dfx,

Most Pro/Am’s do not know what the exact amount of money is that will be available in the prize pool do to walk-in entries allowed up until 2 days before the event, so it could grow up until that point. When the deadline for walk-in entries has past and they compile all the figures, they now announce to total prize structure at the meeting pre event because that is when they have all the info. This event was announced several weeks ago with the total prize pool amount already established so unless it has an opportunity to grow pre-event they should have the prize break down available and I would hope they would not be afraid to make it public this would give people more incentive to dock at Wilson. Me personally I have been docked at Sunset (the Old Beccue) since April 24th and I dock there every spring until after the Pro/am it makes no sense for me to leave a dock I have already paid for to move somewhere else and pay again.

Bob Songin

reelxite - i understand why tournaments wait until the last minute to announce their prize structures although i appreciate the refresher. as you mentioned that is when they have all of the info. i was not going to stick my nose in this again but will and i guess my problem is with your statement in regards to the announcement and possible fiscial growth. again i am not the britest gentelman nor do i mean any harm but...... why must you even give the impression or assume that they are afraid to make it public? so rather than assuming..... could it be possible that their financial pool may be growing like the other tournaments? maybe not? who knows?????reviewing past posts regerding the salmon slam i have noticed one specific thing and that is an email address and/or phone numbers from the organizers that states any questions feel free to contact them........ maybe it would be better to contact them personally regarding concerns or suggestions you may have rather than using this board which will cause negativity? i am aware of where you dock as i to was there for a number of years until my old boat became to much for a couple of old guys to handle. that is what confuses me the most..... there is an opportunity for your team and all of the teams in wilson to increase their winnings. if it is the salmon slam you do not like or your preception of why it is taking place and you are staying in wilson i would just suggest not entering. admittedly i am niaeve to the politics that are taking place regarding this you get bet your last lure i am still sharp enough to see whats going on behind the scenes. respectfully.....dave

Dave I am asking a simple question that requires a simple answer, with no negativity. I never said I did not like this event or that I would not enter it and I clearly understand why it is taking place. Please do not put words down that I did not state.

It would be great if the pot is growing but there has been no indication to that effect.

This event and the people running it have used and continue to employ this board as a vehicle to communicate what is happening (as you can see they started this thread) with the Salmon Slam.

I never said they were afraid I said “I hope they would not be afraidâ€

Capt. Bob - as i indicated earlier, i mean no disrespect to anyone. and by the way i do still have a boat and enjoy my time on it when i am able to use her. that said....i did not realize that you needed a boat to be interested in this topic or to reply. i am sure...... with all due respect... that i have donated enough of my monies over the years to have a say. i am also confident in the knowledge i have regarding the politics of this tournament across the lake just read the various posts. i personally don't see any reason for the organizers to post payouts until they are sure of the prize structure? i don't see anybody else doing it. like i stated earlier if it is just the payout you are truly looking for maybe contacting the organizers would be the best more efficient way to retrieve your answer? since i am being called out unfortunately i will say i think that may not be the case. likewise on the last communication. good luck.....dave

For everyones information:

The Don Johannes/Pete DeAngleo Memorial Fishing Tournament to be held May 30th will pay out based on 50 boats entered @$100/boat

Big Fish(1-3) $850/510/340

Total weight 3 best fish (1-10) $1300/800/700/600/500/400/350/300/250/200

The Summer 2008 LOC Derby will pay

Four divisions, Salmon, Rainbow/Steelhead, Brown, and Lake Trout

Grand Prize - $7,500 – Largest fish entered

Each of the four Divisions

First $1000

Second $400

Third $300

Fourth $200

Fifth place $100

Sixth – 10th $75