2015 Otisco Lake Tiger Tournament

Current water temp is 44...launch is open with 1 dock in. Talked to Shane today and he said we can use the pavilion free of charge as long as it remains unbooked for private parties. We got our place open today.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-14293985499338_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14293985706832_thumb.jpg

Four in on my boat!

Old man that means you are due!!! Just ordered a handful of pink hj14's just for this event...they were hot last year I'll give you one!

That's great,thanks! I can't even get followed in a tourney. Two of my boys have blown boatside hits there the past two years but i've seen nothing. I'll have two with me this year and am working on a third. If it's 44 degrees now it should be maybe mid 50's on the 16th? The nice thing for me about this event is it will be my first time out this year so just fishing is enough to make it a great day. Catching one would just be gravy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I should be able to do it again this year! Steve have we had any other tournaments lined up this season?

Chautauqua on Sat, June 27th and Waneta on Sat, Oct. 24th. And there is also the Mark Troy at Waneta on Sat, Oct. 3rd. We decided not to do a Niagara River tournament because last year we kept having to postpone it due to small craft advisories.

Is it possible to compete in these tournaments in my kayak alone?

can't come to this one, but thinking in future.

Blessings,

In general, you need to have a witness and to take a picture of the measurement. The witness can be a contestant in another boat. For the Mark Troy Memorial tourney there will be judge boats and winners are determined by length. It is actually not a chapter tourney. It is run by our President, Jim Reynolds and two other members in memory of a friend who passed away with cancer at a young age. The October 24th tourney at Waneta rules and format will still have to be determined.

Just keep me updated on the head count. Looking like 40 at this point. The plan is for Zweigle hots and sausage. But today i got a load of those fire engine red glazier hots from the north country. I can bring some of those too if anyone likes them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I can only guess as to the head count. There was about 30 last year and I know there are several coming this year that didn't come last year but there could be others that came last year that won't be there this year. I am just guessing that there will be between 30 and 40.

• 2 weeks later...

I had very little time to fish this weekend with getting settled in to camp and a few minor repairs, but today i managed a couple hours out with my son. Water temps are above 50 everywhere and the pond is 60. Clarity improved all weekend and weeds are just starting. I lost 1 nice tiger on a shadow rap and saw 1, though could have been the same fish. I personally didn't hear of a single tiger landed or hooked. Almost all anglers that were out this weekend struggled to catch any species.