2015 Otisco Lake Tiger Tournament

Nice!!! I figured somebody found a fish or two...glad you did! The one I made contact with was north of the narrows. Great just to bend a rod. I probably would have landed mine had I not gotten caught up enjoying the fight. I normally lean on them more.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Pretty tough to beat a crawler....catches everything....literally! Of course we never use em....

so true. I live on the canal and have a little dock out there. Now and then the wife and i go out back with a can of worms. Action is non stop and we'll get 7 or 8 species on a given evening. Then she starts with "why do you need a boat and drive all over the state to catch nothing? We have all the fish you could want right here". She is not musky sick like i am.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

So true old man! We have 4 ponds on our farm and the fishing is really easy and the bass are big. Yet my son travels all over to bass fish and catch less. Bass fishing just bores me to death anymore. We catch so many monster bass walleye fishing at night and its so easy its hard for me to sit in the hot sun and work my butt off for less fish.

old man will have to leave before the cookout so we will have to figure out where to keep the food til then. I was just wondering if anyone will have a cabin and be staying over till Sunday. Otherwise we will have to keep it in one of our trucks.

Statewide regulation for min size is 30" but Otisco Lake and Conesus Lake are 36". Problem is with the DEC enforcing the regulations. DEC Officers seem to be unconcerned about enforcing Esox regulations. As far as fishing regulations are concerned, they seem to concentrate their efforts on trout and licenses. At least now that there is no set date to renew licenses, maybe they will spend more effort in enforcing seasons, size and creel limits. Or is this just wishful thinking.

Statewide size limit for purebred muskies is now 40" but I wonder how many will be violating that.

All of us who care just need to do as much as we can to get people to comply and educate them as to the reasons why.

FishermanUpstate, Did you tell the guy with 28 incher that it was under the legal size limit?

Edited by muskiedreams

There has never been much enforcement of the rules. The dec doesn't have the budget or the manpower. In 50 years of fishing i have been asked once for my license. At the time i was fishing from shore in a park. Through sites like this we can hopefully get to one guy at a time.post-142867-14313912488282_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good morning guys. You can count myself and one other guy in for sure, as I finally got an answer from my partner. We will be in a red Bass Tracker. Good luck to all fishing, and hope to shake some of your hands at the sign up. Jay

Jay Davies

As much as I don't want to say this, I now will not be able to make it. Just as soon as my partner assured me he was good to go and I got us a camp site and dock for Friday night, he backed out on me today. If my truck wasn't in the shop getting body work done from storm damage, I'd be there.

Sorry guys, next year I'll be there! I was looking forward to this event. I'll be sure to be at

the next one.

Jay

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice! I may have a plan B. I'll keep you posted. I will know by morning. If I don't make it, I will have a camp site and dock for Friday night that I will gladly give someone to use. I'll post again in the morning.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It is looking like I will not be able to go due to trailer problems. After replacing the side marker lights. I thought I would jack it up and check the wheel bearings and suspension. I found out that one of the spring brackets is cracked all the way through on the front side just behind where it is attached with the U bolt. So it flops down when I jack it up. I will take it to a welder tomorrow morning to see if he can repair it and if he has the time to do it.

Steve, I went through the samething your going thru with your boat trailer with mine a couple years back.Mine was rusting away from the inside out and kept breaking in different places across the frame.I finally had to find a different used boat trailer for replacement.

Edited by mostlymuskies