coneus, honeoye

Anybody got any information about honeoye or conesus? I want to get my father into some northerns, walleye? Trolling.....casting?

Thanks

:)

Jax

I must have caught 30 PIKE on Conesus (Saturday - Monday) w/2 or 3 people in the boat. All of the pike were in about 6-8 feet of water down on the South End. Used Shiners w/bobber about 3ft between bait and bobber. Seen everyone casting not catching a thing.

Regarding Walleye....Caught only one trolling the first night. Several nights of trolling the shallows and nothing else throwing every rapala in the box. Fished the East Shore from Leisure Time Marine all the way down to the inlet.

Anyone else with information on Conesus? Where are the Walleyes at night? I know shallow but anywere in particular? What baits are you throwing at them at night?

While it was reported that a 40" pike was taken from Honeoye last Saturday AM....Honeoye is not a pike lake. It's believed they were introduced illegally several years ago and they are now reproducing enough to maintain a small population....but not large enough to make them worthwhile to target. Lots of walleye in Honeoye but they run on the small side compared to some of the other walleye fisheries.

See my reply above for Conesus Pike. You can't keep them off the line down on the south end with golden shiners (atleast when it was warm and calm water). I went out yesterday (winds NNW at 12-15MPH) and temps feeling chilly. Went from 5PM-7:30PM and only caught one nice Largemouth and had one Pike Run.

I have had alot of luck in the past using Johnson weedless silver or brass colored spoon with a piece of pork rind on the end. This worked best when the lily pads got up later in the year. I would cast it deep into the lily pads and slowly skip it from pad to pad. This drives pike wild, the first hole you hit hang on. Don't set hook fast or you'll miss. Just my two cents.

Went out today from 10 to 4. First time on the lake for my buddy and I. We ended up catching 2 pike and 3 large mouth. My friend caught the biggest, a 26 inch pike and a 18 inch LM. It got a little windy latter in the day.