Smart tabs

The smart tabs aren't adjustable so if you want adjustment look into the electric trim tabs.  I am thinking about adding electrics on my boat.  They don't recommend them for a boat that is moored but there are people that have them on moored boats. Lots of big name boat manufacturers are switching to electric tabs for ease of install and response time. I believe the new grady's, whalers, and a few others are using them, of course you can order hydraulic if preferred.

My friends lund doesnt have a kicker. It has a 75 honda and on plane cranks so hard to port thst everyone (2 other people) have to move to other side to even it out

Sent from my LGLS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I just put a set on at the end of last season for the same reason - leaning to the kicker side. Been out twice this year and they definitely cure the lean when you are running  - even when not on plane but you get a little more spray kicking up.  I have a 18 foot Starcraft. Much improved ride. 

I just put a set of Lenco's on my Grady which leaned to the port side. I can't wait to try them. Was going to try it tomorrow (Sat.) but did't get everything else done, maybe next wk.!

Did you get the switch with the indicator lights? Its much easier knowing where the tabs are.

I put a set of hydraulic ones on last year, my 22ft Sea Ray leaned to the port side hard and the bow stood up so hard I couldn't see in front of me. I forget the name of them but they are adjustable, now she hops out on plane a lot faster and like said above the people don't need to stand on the starboard side to level her out, now you can stand, sit wherever you want and the ride is level from hole shot to pulling the kids on a huge water tube or just running to your hot spot. I have them adjusted to one hole before max pressure, and I noticed I can trim a lot higher which at 3000rpm I gained 2-3 more mph. I had this problem before I put the kicker on and since I have no problem. I will say out of all the things I added to this boat putting trim tabs on was the most noticeable thing I added. Good luck with your trim tabs you won't be disappointed. There are different sizes for the length of your boat, so be sure to get the right one for your boat.

Edited by pap

Have a 21' proline with hydraulic tabs that are great. Use this boat on Erie and Ontario. The Lund I use mostly on inland lakes sometimes the big pond. I just didn't think it was necessary to go to a power trim tab for the smaller boat. I'm sure it would be better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Smart Tab pro tollers on my boat, I put them on to solve a porpoise issue while on plane. They have solved the problem and added the option to slow the boat down while trolling. I have an 18 ft Starweld.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148293-1431782655201_thumb.jpg

post-148293-14317826768265_thumb.jpg

My friends lund doesnt have a kicker. It has a 75 honda and on plane cranks so hard to port thst everyone (2 other people) have to move to other side to even it out

Sent from my LGLS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

my 2000 lund did the same thing. I never did get it to run straight. I just learned to never let go of the wheel. Maybe the rigger was hung over and the motor was offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 3 weeks later...

how far to the outside edge can you get? i have a kicker and i would assume there would not be enough clearance if put right under the kicker

I run a kicker also and there's no issues, the instructions tell you, actually mine came with a template port/starboard side where to install. They install at the water line of your boat and to the furthest outside corner. All I needed was a small level, a drill and a screwdriver and silicone, I used the clear.

thanks pap but i hang my kciker right off my transom vs a bracket. i think the bracket would give enough offset but not sure when kicker is straight on transom. What do you think[/quote

Well, let me ask you a few questions. I guess you trailer with your kicker mounted or do you run over the water with it in the up position if so it should be above the water so you should be ok, I can't measure how long the tabs are due to my boat is in NY. How far away is the shaft from boats transom, the tabs aren't very long but wide and you think your shaft hangs down less than 5-6"s from the transom. One other thing is when the tabs aren't under a load they actually hang downward so really it's not even 5"s