Hello from Lehighton, PA

Hello everyone.  My name is Jim and I am from Lehighton, PA.  I have always been an avid fisherman of all species but have primarily targeted bass, panfish and trout.  I have always had a bass boat and fished tournaments every weekend but kids came along as well as the fact that I got extremely burned out running from the Thousand Islands one weekend to Kerr Resevoir the next with only being concerned with putting fish in the boat to make some of the cash back i spent.  Bottom line, it wasn't fun anymore and fishing should be fun and quite honestly relaxing.  

Anyway, I started spending a lot of time on Seneca Lake with a friend that has a house there and decided I wanted to start fishing again but not for bass.  Lakers, Land Locked Salmon, Walleye, Perch etc....  My father in law is a marine mechanic locally and I told him to keep an eye out for a boat that would suit this application.  So long story short, I purchased a 2001 Starcraft Fishmaster 1961 with the 3.0L Mercruiser.  I love the boat and it is in extremely good contion.  It made a trip to Lake Okachobee once a year, and a few occasional trips to Canada since it was new.  The best part yet, the boat was always stored at the Marina my father in law works at and he has done all of the maintenance.  As a matter of fact there is a 1 year old Galvanized trailer under it, it is outfitted for downriggers and rod holders.  I just purchased a Powerdrive V2 for the bow (because I will still bass fish occasionally).  My next purchase will be a good GPS/Sonar combo and I am leaning toward the Humminbird 859ci HD because unless you guys tell me otherwise, i see no need for down or side imaging on a boat that I am primarily going to use for trolling.  

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself as I will be asking a lot of questions over the next few weeks to get acquainted with this process.

Thanks Guys!

Jim

Ditto, Welcome aboard Jim. I am very confident you have found your new go to site, the people here are amazing and extremely helpful. no matter what your question, someone here will be able to point you in the right direction. 

Phil

Hello Jim,  Welcome aboard.  I live in Slatington, PA and have my boat on the Little Salmon River at Mexico Point on Lake Ontario.  Give me a call at 815-228-5837 and we can compare notes and ideas.

Hello Jim, I'm from Kresgeville even though my address is kunkletown, what marina are you talking about, Beltville marina, with Henry being the owner or M&H either way I know both of them. I will send you a pm as I have a lot of family from Lehighton welcome to the sight, this site is very addicting you can loose hours of your life being on here, but it's all good as the majority of the folks on board here!!! PAP.