online buying

First and last time rather pay 15 more bucks and see what I'm buying[/quote

Till you pay the shipping to get a refund your behind the 8 ball. Sucks!!

First and last time rather pay 15 more bucks and see what I'm buying[/quote

Till you pay the shipping to get a refund your behind the 8 ball. Sucks!!

For damaged goods there is no return shipping fee from Amazon and they mail a replacement before you send the damaged one back. Sometimes next day delivery.

Personally I buy a lot online, sure beats driving all over the place looking for stuff the stores won't have anyway.  With Bass Pro the closest real fishing store being an hour away and $25 in gas round trip it makes sense for me, you guys living near good stores are lucky!  

For damaged goods there is no return shipping fee from Amazon and they mail a replacement before you send the damaged one back. Sometimes next day delivery.

Personally I buy a lot online, sure beats driving all over the place looking for stuff the stores won't have anyway.  With Bass Pro the closest real fishing store being an hour away and $25 in gas round trip it makes sense for me, you guys living near good stores are lucky!  

Same here, usually have pretty good luck with amazon. They have always made good with fast free delivery for lost or damaged items.

I'd love to have a good local shop but nothing but Dick's close by and it is not very well stocked. I really hate the way the big box stores have just ruined the local guys.  We had a great shop in town here years ago. They carried what the customers generally wanted. The Dicks here does not cater to the customer. They carry what will make them the most profit. Sign o the times.

A Bass location for it's first year carries a merchandise selection specified by corporate, then can start making changes to cater to it's local market. Most customers (and employees for that matter) still shop a mix of local, big box and online retailers.

I got our local bait and tackle shop to start carrying size 10-8 Spro swivels, they never heard of them before, Saturday I went down for a pack of swivels and they were all gone, I asked Carol "where are the Spro swivels" she said they are all gone I got more coming Tuesday. She said I couldn't believe all the guys that want those swivels, I said told you, the closest place is Cabela's and that's where there going and buying other things that you have here!! Your lures are a dollar cheaper than Cabelas already, but if there anything like me iI want a one stop shopping store, or tell me you can get with in a few days

I'm not haveing a hard time getting a new one I just think from now on I will go to a shop up by the big o its only a few more bucks add gas but its worth it to me and supporting shops that are there for fishermen not some bass guy with a tracker

Lol

We have a Cabelas store about 1 hour ride from the house, it's nice to see the actual product instead of a picture in a catalog, but I can say with confidence that Cabelas is NOT the cheapest game in town, for instance our local bait and tackle shop is $.99 cheaper on Rapala lures and a lot cheaper with Smithwick lures and seagar fluro line ect. and when it comes to flashers I had the Color Fireworks that flasher we couldn't keep in the water, we ran down to Fat Nancy's and they were sold out, but the guy behind the counter asked what I was looking for and I told him I really want the fireworks pattern on a Echip 11" flasher, he asked how many did I want, I said I'll take 4 if you have them, he said how about 2 now and pick up the other 2 on your way home. He said give me a 1/2 hour so we went to the diner up the road came back and he made 2 for us, now that's service and I paid for the 4 of them and on the way home we picked up the other 2. They get my business bought 2 slide divers and they have a selection of spoons. Like the other shops around the lake they are the only places to get some of the must need items. I can't wait to get a few of the Bob Fuller spoons and the Great Lakes spoons and there is another small company I can't rember but they are to come out soon also. It's great to see these smaller company's makeing a come back, I wish the best for them!! I remember the name of the spoon now it's the Revolutionary spoon company, the guy that owns that company, comes from my home town Kunkletown PA. Small world. He is on this site also.

Edited by pap