Ran boards in the shallows for 3 hours this morning.Gin clear water most everywhere. Some color coming from the harbor and off the creek by the state park but not much. Took 2 hits but didn't connect. What a difference a week makes!! Saw some boats working 45+ feet. Lake trout bite? Anyone get anything going out there today?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I was one of the boats out deeper. Stupid easy laker bite going on. We actually had 5 fish hit within seconds of each other. The funny thing is we were only running 4 rods. Doubled on a rigger rod with a slider. Landed all 5 fish and it was only my wife and I. Fire Drill.

Sounds like fun big water- nice job! Yes sylvan we launched from there. LOC not far away- Good luck all- damn ice boom is gonna make things interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Not really.  The ice is mostly gone.  Look at the modis imagery from today. 

There are kings mixed in with the lakers, you just need to get your lure past the lakers. Guy pulled two yesterday. Speed didn't deter the LT either.

I can confirm there are some kings mixed in.   :ninja:  :ninja:   Shoreline bite was tough yesterday.  Fish were hitting only when the wind changes happened.  Like someone flipped a switch.  I never seen Lake O get nasty so quick yesterday....it was like I was on Lake Erie.

DSC01889_zps5qo5vgbz.jpg

DSC01891_zpsw7sf1a8s.jpg

Edited by Gill-T

I can confirm there are some kings mixed in.   :ninja:  :ninja:   Shoreline bite was tough yesterday.  Fish were hitting only when the wind changes happened.  Like someone flipped a switch.  I never seen Lake O get nasty so quick yesterday....it was like I was on Lake Erie.

DSC01891_zpsw7sf1a8s.jpg

Gill;

Love those bight as chrome kings, the one you are holding is a beauty! How heavy was it?  I will be fishing out of Olcott for the Spring LOC, & am hoping that there are more Kings there than last year!

Great picture!

John

Gill;

Love those bight as chrome kings, the one you are holding is a beauty! How heavy was it?  I will be fishing out of Olcott for the Spring LOC, & am hoping that there are more Kings there than last year!

Great picture!

John

17.5 lbs on Boga grip.