Lamoka and waneta

I'm going to be camping down that way June 19-21 with some buddy's the weekend before my wedding. Was wondering if catching a Muskie that time of year would be realistic? If anyone has any info that could point me in the right direction it would be awesome

Yes, if you have a boat, and all the right gear. For casting, you will need a med/heavy to heavy musky baitcaster with 50# braid or better. For trolling you can use a dipsy rod with 50# to 80# test line. You will also need quality leaders, a large rubberized musky net, Long needle-nose pliers, and jaw spreaders. You absolutely must have a quality compound cutter for cutting hooks that may become deeply embedded in the fish or in you. Knipex brand is the best. If you get a different one you will be buying Knipex later anyway. It is important to have these things in order to successfully catch and release muskies unharmed. Read the catch and release topic at the top of this forum.

As far as lures go, there are too many to choose from. Stick to small to medium size (5" to 9") musky lures for those lakes. And Just like making love, how you use it can be more important that what you use.

Be prepared to spend an average of 10 hours per fish caught. It could be less. It could be days.

Reading a lot and talking to or going out with experienced musky anglers will help considerably. Using a guide is another option.

if there's gonna be a couple of ya book a trip with reel ripp'en charters-capt.Ed craig.That`'ll be your best bet if he`s avail.He has a wealth of knowlege on that lake.You`ld be hard pressed to find anyone better.Fish waneta not lamoka for muskies!