Copper

I'm new to the copper world, I've got the pole set up with 450 ft.power of pro and 450 ft of copper, how much leader do I use off the copper and how far out do I send it. Depth per feet, and what type of lures. Like I said, totally lost with this outfit. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm new to the copper world, I've got the pole set up with 450 ft.power of pro and 450 ft of copper, how much leader do I use off the copper and how far out do I send it. Depth per feet, and what type of lures. Like I said, totally lost with this outfit. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Lake Ontario United mobile app

45# copper will achieve depths of 20-22' per 100' out at speeds of 2.2-2.4 and with that being said a 450' copper will get you down around 90-100'. You can run everything on coppers. spoons, plugs, paddles, spin doctors. For flashers (big and small) i run 35' of 30# fluoro and for spoons i run 55' of 20# fluoro.

Just like everything else there is a learning curve. A big thing is to deploy the copper slow for the first 50' so it doesnt backlash.