Yankee in the ROC 4/18 & 4/19 - Beautiful Atlantic!

We had some new guys from Maine this weekend. The boys got their fathers a Brown Trout charter for Christmas. Nice job boys!

Saturday morning was a tough morning, but after a quick tip from a board memeber we moved and we landed on top of them. Thanks Tomy Lombardozzi! The Atlantic was an EPIC battle on light line! Lots of pups today, but you can see some nice ones were mixed in. Natural stick baits were best until the wind kicked up, and then it was back to bright stuff. Studs today were a Rapala Brown Trout F9 and a Smithwick Rogue in Firetiger.

IMG_20150418_112759009_zpsmf4j0wbz.jpg

IMG_20150418_105816631_zpssmn0muwd.jpg

IMG_20150418_072510053_HDR_zpskpiqjb1g.j

Sunday we went back to the same water we finished in on Saturday. The bite was a slow pick for us. It was very spot oriented too even though there was good water all the way down. Best stick was a Smithwick Firetiger. Lots of pups today too. Good to see for the future of the fishery!

IMG_20150419_091925214_HDR_zpsjiw8qk1g.j

IMG_20150419_110524802_zpswcn8lrwk.jpg

Both days we had to deal with wind, but these guys went home very happy!

Edited by Yankee Troller

Thanks for the report always great reading, How do u guys keep your lures from snagging on the bottom when running in the swallow water, I lost two Smithwichs and that secret lure you posted I had 75ft out running in 5ft of water

Kchampney

Long leads today 125' and hedges was best 13 foot water47.7 temp at hedge 44 at shipbuilder with mud at mine field of logs .....I will post next time instead of texting

Thanks for the report always great reading, How do u guys keep your lures from snagging on the bottom when running in the swallow water, I lost two Smithwichs and that secret lure you posted I had 75ft out running in 5ft of water

Kchampney

You cant run those Bay Rats in less than 7' bud. The Smithwicks depend on the bill. If it's a floating version there are two size bills on the 4.5". You don't want the larger one in shallow water.

Kchampney

30lb mono with a light leader. The heavy mono floats the bait up higher.

TOMMMMMMMMMM---ie,-----Tell Ricky how you found those fish TOMMMMIE !!! FESS UP!!! Nice job Yankee---Great pics--get-em get-em get-em! Rich

I confess, Steve is the man, I thought it was good to help others, I will learn to keep my mouth shut, lol

Thanks tom for the clarification on exactly where that tip developed. I have been talking with you for awhile online andon phone helping you and answering questions regarding lake Ontario fishing. we love what we do and will help anyone we can. We have helped alot of members of this board in alot of ways and will continue to do so.

i knew that you where making your first trip out fishing on saturday so i texted you a tip to help make your day fun and catch a few. The tip was where we worked our butt off to catch a limit for OUR clients on friday during bad weather conditions and a very tough bite. I was trying to help a fellow fisherman by texting you that night. I asked you to keep the tip to yourself. It was a direct slap in our face seeing another charter captain post your name, your "tip" and how it made his clients happy and HIM look good while puting $1,200.00 in his pocket on  Rich and myselves hard work the day before.

We will help anyone still but when we do please dont turn around and kick us in the groin after.

all good tom and thank you for the clarification.

Yankee- we did a sweet atlantic there also and it was crazy - crossed every board line than ran for sodus.

Thank you Tom.  If any customers come to fish Lake Ontario--and DON'T catch fish,-they won't come back. I know that all of the Lake Ontario Charter Captains would do "WHAT EVER IT TAKES" to meet their customers expectations. Yankee Troller just proved that. I will say that we might look at the way Lake Michigan Charter Captains carry themselves. They have smaller Fish--and bigger boats on average. They have conveyed a great fishing experience without egos. Customers don't like narly and nasty in any way. We need to stay professional and provide a quality fishing experience.                 Also--take a good look at Great Lake Lures. Steve and I would be happy to help Jason-expedite your needs. Thanks to Rick for putting up with us on his post--Captain Rich--Fired Up

Scotty...pass the popcorn and quit being a pig will ya?!  

Rick...don't worry...don't forget about that top secret spot we were discussing...yeah...just go there.  When you get there...knock three times, and give them the secret password.  When they let you in, don't forget about the secret handshake.  Once you've completed that...you should be good to go.  Your clients will thank me...or at least they better!

Ok.... Been nice been professional to make a point/statement...but seems certain people need to keep drama and the girl scout stuff going and/or egging it on.  So let's not play or pass and popcorn let's go play with the big boys.

gloves off here we go.

Mr. WIDELL you a very funny man. As part of the "boys club" you contribute to some of the TOP SECRETS of the port of rochester. Let's see voice scrambler channels on the vhf, Cell phone GLUED to ears, etc....

HMMMMM I was black balled, slammed, talked about, screamed at you name it for starting this message board with another fellow recreational angler. The "Boys Club" lost their minds for sharing any information at all, i had to ask the secret society of the port of rochester if it was ok to tell a non captain what spark plug to use in there boat.

give me a break. everyone grow up, shut up and fish. 

yankee good job that day - sorry to steal your thread but you know EXACTLY why.

be out fishing off braddocks all weekend. no secrets 6-15 foot water. 

I appreciate all the info learned on reports page  here , in return , I try always to send the fish back to swim again , Its the thrill in the catch not the kill , nor do I care who takes fish , but as long as they end up on the table not in the garden ....I thank all who gives the hard earned reports , thank you Rich for your reports as always great job

I wanted to wait until I spoke with Tom before I posted anything. I think what Steve and Richie did to this poor guy was uncalled for and unprofessional, and he deserves a sincere apology. Are you guys really hurting for recognition that bad you had to grab it on this thread?

Lets get some facts straight here. Tom FB messaged me Friday evening asking me if I had ever gotten the Candy Corn Bay Rat to go, and I responded that I haven't but it looks like a really nice color for dirty water. Saturday morning as I was waiting for my clients from Maine, that were lost in Rochester, to show up I was scrolling through my Facebook timeline. On my timeline there was a picture of the Irondequoit piers and a sunrise that Tom posted. About an hour into my day, and only a couple of bites in clear water, I got a message from Tom that he got the Candy Corn Bay Rat to fire. My knowledge of the fishery told me he had colored water where he was and my brother and I picked and ran. 

If you really think the traffic on that shoreline came from Tom your crazy! If you think you guys had some “secret†spot your crazy! It's Saturday morning on the best stretch of BT water on the whole South shore. We didn't go there first thing because we had 20 bites up West the day before, and we wanted to avoid the traffic. Not to mention the West winds they were calling for made going West more enticing because of calmer waters.

I’ve fished out of Rochester for about 30 years now. My father had my brother and I on this lake at the age of 5/6. It’s no secret where to go find colored water in the Spring. We fish in 3 ports throughout the season, and we have a lot of friends in all of them. That speaks volumes as far as I’m concerned, and I’m proud of that. I refuse to tarnish my name or my brothers.

Lastly, What we made that day has no bearing on anything that happened, and we ALWAYS look good because we run a professional operation. We’ve built a part time charter business that’s bigger than a lot of full timers. We’ve done that with success and professionalism. Our tourney credentials are listed on our website. Not made up and vaguely mentioned like they are on yours. To be honest between my brother and I we fish almost every tourney on lake Ontario, and yet we’ve never seen you at any of them. However, on your website you have numerous money finishes in tournaments!?!?!? Come on!

Edited by Yankee Troller