Tuf-line micro leadcore

Yes, I have been using it a couple seasons now with good results. 

I push the tuffline back, exposing about 12 inches of leadcore, cut the lead. Then tie an albright knot if using long leaders, or a palomar to a swivel for short leaders. 

Glen I have settled on removing the lead as others have stated then joined improved cinch knots.  I wrap the backing or the leader twice around the leadcore sheath before tying.  Get both knots started  then crank the knots down on the final push together.  Tie a little overhand knot in the tag ends of the braid and leadcore then melt down the tag to the knot to stop fraying of the tag.  Been using it for two years now.

I'm trying the Sufix leadcore this year, with the Tuffline did you find it difficult to get the lead out, the Sufix was terrible, not like the older type where you could slide the outer cover right down like 6" at a clip, with the Sufix I could only push the sheathing down about an 1 1/2" then break the lead off and do it again, as soon as I went to pull the lead out it broke off. As far as knotting the core to backer I tried all different knots like the ones mentioned with no luck, so I tried the improved cinch on two pieces of mono and it worked, I thought I was doing something wrong, so out of frustration I used number 8 Spro swivels to join the backer and the fluro, worked for me at least when I pulled as hard as I could on the two lines they didn't come apart. I know I need glasses but geeze I was starting to sweat and getting pi$$ed never had trouble like that, now I hope it works as good as they claim, did you guys that ran the micro line get deeper than the conventional cores? Thanks guys for any input PAP