church planer boards on mast

Hi everyone, i recently bought a dual planer board mast and have a question about the set up. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using the smaller church boards (for example) on a mast instead of connected directly to your fishing line  I have a small boat and want to conserve space. Any info or suggestions good or bad is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone and good fishing

I tried it they roll over and they don't pull out like the big boards and the tow line drags in the water, they just don't have enough pull to keep the tow line tight and you get a big bow in the line and when a fish hits the release just jiggles on the line on the account of all the slack in the tow line. If you have a mast you need the double planer boards. I made my own for litterly peanuts. All you need is a 8ft 1x6 8 pieces of all thread, 24 nuts and washers and 2 eye bolts with 4 nuts and washers a saw and a drill. Guys on here have good plans or look them up on line, they give you all the numbers and instructions its simple.

Thanks for the advice pap, I have a pair of used walker boards. I guess Im stuck with these until I can make my own. Found some good plans now need to find the time to make them. Thanks again and good fishing

Your welcome mightyhunter, it took me about 2 hours to make mine with most of the time on the first one, second one went quick. Same to you with best of luck fishing and safe boating!!

Check out the "Homemade planer boards" post pinned at the top of this section or the "Questions about trolling" section there are 2 sets of plans.  The one I used is the plans that have 2 boards.  There is also plans for 3 boards but for most situations it is overkill.