Goby bay rats?

how deep do the short shallow dive?

Depends on the usual factors--line weight, distance back and speed. Generally speaking at brown trout speeds and 100' back you're probably looking at 7-8 feet. I run mine 70-80' back when fishing 10 fow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I think you guys will find success on those patterns on Erie also. Not only does the pattern look "goby-esque" but I have been finding Johnny Darters in the stomachs of perch and walleye last year on Erie fish. Johnny Darters look like a cross between a goby and a sculpin.

I hate to be a killjoy here, but does everyone believe that this stick, in any pattern, is going to catch more fish than the proven sticks (rapala, tstick, rapala, smithwick) it may catch as many, and I hope the manufacturer does well, but I believe it's another case of the lure catching the fisherman. IMO. I'm prepared for backlash...

I've fished with many other brands that "cheap out" with low quality hooks and/or split rings, don't design the bait so that the terminal connections are anchored to the bait as robust as possible, and use lower quality plastic to mold them and consequently watch a big fish literally snap the back end of the bait off

Well I haven't seen a substandard stick from the brands I mentioned, but all things being equal, we're talking about catching brown trout, and walleye with sticks. I don't walleye fish, but in terms of browns it's not rocket science. Put the proper color stick in front of a spring brown regardless of brand and you good.

I hate to be a killjoy here, but does everyone believe that this stick, in any pattern, is going to catch more fish than the proven sticks (rapala, tstick, rapala, smithwick) it may catch as many, and I hope the manufacturer does well, but I believe it's another case of the lure catching the fisherman. IMO. I'm prepared for backlash...

Lures first job is to catch us.   Any fish caught is a happy supriize !!

Well guys just wanted to give a big hell yah to Bayrat Lures. I contacted them through a buddy of mine and had them make up a custom color that I actually run 3 at a time on my program cause this color has been the hottest color that I have come across whether the water is gin clear or stained. It's only available from the stock that I purchased through them or ASB Tackle in Olcott. It's called ASB Mustard only cause we didn't want to infringe upon right of another manufacturer that used to make this color and seized production of it. If interested you can shoot me a PM or Greg at ASB Tackle at 716-638-4158 and they are available in all 3 sizespost-155451-0-52501200-1430046477_thumb.jpg

I ran Bay Rats a couple weeks ago, I like their action,  Didn't get to run them long enough to find out if they catch fish, I do know one idiot that came out of myers with a bass boat wide open and cut 5 of my lines off on the boards is a total loser that doesn't belong on any water what so ever, Not even in a row boat.  :mooning:  :mooning:  :mooning:  Idiot.    All 5 Bay Rats gone!!!   Yeah they catch the lower unit of a 250 merc. real well.