Hi guys I hope everyone is doing well.  It's that time of year when you start planning fishing trips and I'm going up to manitoulin with family.  I've never fished the area but I'm hoping to fish for salmon.  I will be there the first week of june.  I'm really just looking for a little direction.  I looked at the maps and I just didn't know where was safe and i guess productive.  I have a 19 ft ranger with 200 horse so i can handle a little bit of rough water, but i hear it can get pretty crazy out there.  Anyway, thanks for your time and any information will be sincerely apperciated.

Thanks, Andrew

Yes we fish out of providence bay last summer for salmon. There were lots of boats out.

you can also fish out of south bay mouth for salmon

wolsey for rainbows.

also rainbow off the east end of the island I believe around goat island

• 2 months later...

well my first time in manitoulin wasn't great. I fished lake kagawong since our cottage was on that lake. I fished 3 days and not one walleye. Lots of pike an bass. Most of my day was spent trolling and my biggest pike was 40 inches. Lots and lots of bugs bring bug spray and I suggest having a navionics card as it is very rocky. I tried my luck out in west bay for some salmon and had a white screen all day. One local called it one fish bay. I don't know if it was just too early yet. Overall, it was ok I guess.... I ll try and post some pics later. Thanks for all the info

well my first time in manitoulin wasn't great. I fished lake kagawong since our cottage was on that lake. I fished 3 days and not one walleye. Lots of pike an bass. Most of my day was spent trolling and my biggest pike was 40 inches. Lots and lots of bugs bring bug spray and I suggest having a navionics card as it is very rocky. I tried my luck out in west bay for some salmon and had a white screen all day. One local called it one fish bay. I don't know if it was just too early yet. Overall, it was ok I guess.... I ll try and post some pics later. Thanks for all the info

post-155772-14355201057119_thumb.jpgre pike.jpg]

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

There is pretty good Rainbow fishing in Manitowaning Bay - although it is slow right now.  Salmon come in there as well (starting any time now) Meldrum Bay is usually the best bet for consistent catches, but size seems down a bit these days. It's further to drive, and you need to keep an eye on the winds - it can be a rough ride to where the fish live. South Baymouth is a little easier to get to but like everywhere else, the salmon are not as plentiful as they once were- but still better than a few years ago.  

I am considering a trip to Lake Ontario, but from what I am reading, it doesn't sound a whole lot better there.

Stank