Opening day?

Giz9219

Haven't done a real lot of eye fishing,been to Mud bay and Black River bay,only have caught a couple at each was thinking of trying Chaumont bay this year,what to use?stick baits?spoons?of boards or riggers or both? Parts of the bay?been reading some old reports and trying to figure it out ,probably asking a lot,Any input would be appreciated ,thanks Giz

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Edited by Giz9219

I've done decent running sticks off boards and off shallow riggers. Lots of area to fish and you will also pick up some nice pike. Fish may be anywhere so just get out and troll and watch what other boats are doing. It may take a while to figure out a pattern but fishing can be very good.

Edited by Kevin J Legg

Remember a couple walleyes a day from up there is a good day! it aint no numbers fishery. Good luck on the opener!

Ain't that the truth! Of course unless you fish with me :lipssealed:   :P but seriously up there the usual average fish is 5lbs.-6lbs. its about quality not quantity in that area. 

Last weeks Cabela's Walleye contest winners in Detroit were 10 weighed in at 90 pounds 11 ounces. Second place was 90 pounds 10 ounces. The fish will bite when you can find them and the water temperature near the surface is a key to success.