Lake Erie Perch 2015

fitz67

Nice catch again.  I hate it when I drive 100 miles only to find that Millers has no bait. The goldens work, but I think that I lack confidence in them.  Does anyone know if the cleaning station is operational at the Hanover launch?  How about the SBH? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of disappointing.  I noticed a lack of emerelds out there the last time we went. Could be a reason they scattered. Also, there was a big temp change in the lake last Thursday that did not help. Did you notice any boats out there anchored up?  Looks like it finally will settle down enough for me to try by Thursday. See what I can find.

• 1 month later...

I have observed schools of fish at depths approaching eighty feet lately. The problem is the perch fishermen are reluctant to travel there. After this weeks Conservation Club Derby I will devote some effort out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Perch were tough to find this week. Only one pod ten feet deep was found but the bite was not on. Three trips out and a zero catch with goldens the only bait availablðŸ‹

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My friends limited at the Cat yesterday. Millers did not have bait so they went home and got some fatheads and salted niagaras. They really turned on at 2:00  They said the graph was thick with bait. I guess the reason for the slow start was the lack of bait until just recently.

Many boats anchored out of sturgeon this afternoon. Not sure how they did. We did 2 big ones but pulled the anchor to keep the kiddos from rocking around to hard and drifted for a while. Never really saw a "big" school on the graph. My little one doubled on white bass on her perch rig. Everyone hates those things but they do put smiles on the little ones faces. Probably give it another go Friday. post-153876-1444516354064_thumb.jpgpost-153876-14445163656241_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Silver bass were ten foot solid on the bottom in forty foot the other day. We should try them as after the blue pike disappeared the silver bass were all we had.