DSC anyone?

Any of you guys hook your radio (with digital select calling DSC)up to your gps so you can see each others location on the lake? I just replace my radio and the new one has it? Just curious to how many of you guys have it hooked and what you think of it.

Not sure I think its kinda like giving your radio a phone number and if you give it out to your buddy he can call you and if its set up right he will see were you are on your gps screen and visevursa. I installed it on the boat today. I let you know more as I figure it out.

I have a radio with the DSC hooked up to my gps. I knew you could call another boat with DSC and converse on an open channel but didn't realize you would be able to see their gps coordinates. The display on my radio shows my boats location and if I were to use the emergency button to send a distress signal the Coast Guard could see my coordinates but I thought that was the only way that function worked. It's been so long since I've even played with it I don't even remember my mmsi number.

Of course that's all the DSC funtion is really good for at this point for any of us, since the Coast Guard doesn't have that function operational on the Great Lakes and from what I understand, has no immediate planes to implement it. I have a DSC radio myself and was a little dissapointed to find that out over the winter.

Tim