Cayuga lake.

Fished out of Lansing this morning. From 8:30 to 1:30, ran downriggers with spoons down 40 and 50 feet with planner boards out with stick baits. This is a no brainier in the south end most years, but this year seems to be the exception. No hits at all, great morning for first Trip of the year. Oh well, always next time.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The bait will stack on the bottom in the south end of the lake, 220-260 fow this time of year. When temps hit high 40's game on for the south end, till then fish are deep. Mag dipsy n ff and riggers run 120 to 175' down will catch fish now. The warm up this week should get bait off the bottom.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The bait will stack on the bottom in the south end of the lake, 220-260 fow this time of year. When temps hit high 40's game on for the south end, till then fish are deep. Mag dipsy n ff and riggers run 120 to 175' down will catch fish now. The warm up this week should get bait off the bottom.

This is true and those fish and bait are right there.  I fished them with out a touch on Sat.  Surface temps in the south end were 38 to 41 degrees.  I squeaked out a few decent fish on sat. 

Sunday the water was 43 in one little tiny spot and it was game on.  We limited out on Salmon all were very  large.  A few lakers in the skinny water too.  No browns. The browns are right tight to the south shore and I cant get in there.  I saw a fellow in a small boat in there and he said he wacked em good.

It should be on from this weekend on.

RR

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by rustyrat