Question about Running Big Boards

Just a quick question about running big boards and lure/line seperation between rods. This will be my first year running big boards, just curious as I dont want to get to crazy right off the bat as to how many lines I run off them. I plan on just starting out with 2 rods on each side, what would be the recommended distance between each setup on the line?

Thanks.

starting out, try and give yourself some extra space.  id let the board out 75 feet or so, and run one line almost all the way out to the board, and the other about half way out. Make sure whichever line is running deeper/shorter is inside the shallower/longer line to avoid tangles on strikes. Once you get the hang of it, you can bump the boards out farther and get more lines out with confidence. We run 4 a side for our brown spread without any issues.  

Also, stay away from the cheap stick style releases and get some of the amish outfitter or offshore planer clips, way less tangles

I run between 6 and 10 lines on my big boards it depends on how much room I have around me.  Once I dial in the set back length I generally run all the same length set back.

Unless it is really slow it is around 8 planer rods ,2 riggers, and 1 flat line in the prop wash.

Edited by Chas0218

as stated 4 to 5 rods per side. Each side same set back. Added note since first yeAr running big boards/multiple lines....your first line out(closest to board) keep in holder towards bow, next rod out 2nd closest rod holder etc. Also when a rod "pops" keep tension on fish, rod tip up for a moment if possible before you start feeling fish in. This let's the fish "fallback" and keeps from pulling it in thru your other board lines.

Easier said then done most times lol

Hi

I'm also using Amish Redwood boards for the first time. I've never run a planer set up before so I'm trying to watch all of the info everyone is giving. One thing I haven't seen is how do you run the rods tips? Tip high or more lower pointed towards the water? I have Cisco rod holder, so I can run them high or low or somewhere in between.

Thanks and

Boat Safe

Egoody

Hi

I'm also using Amish Redwood boards for the first time. I've never run a planer set up before so I'm trying to watch all of the info everyone is giving. One thing I haven't seen is how do you run the rods tips? Tip high or more lower pointed towards the water? I have Cisco rod holder, so I can run them high or low or somewhere in between.

Thanks and

Boat Safe

Egoody

As high as you can get them.  You don't want them dragging in the water otherwise you can tangle your line around towline or other releases.