Splash down finally around 5 pm....Lake was starting to lay down. Searching for green water close to shore heading west.....none to be had in 5 to 30 feet....Ran at 40 mph to make sure 200 Verado was all set after having supercharger issues at the end of last year (glad it was still under warranty)! Located "Green" water at 40 to 60 foot range.Took 10 minutes to re-spool new to me Cannons & sent down perch colored stinger with gold back (just bought last week). Ran 45 down w/50 ft lead in 50fow. Trolling speed 2-2.8 mph ......3 minutes later hook-up...7lb laker. We managed to catch & release 4 Lakers (2 of 4 were super skinny) all between 7 & 9 pounds and a shaker salmon (how do these small fish manage to get all 3 trebles in their mouths).All in all boat ran fantastic , now just need to get organized. Water temp in the creek was 56 degrees......along the shore was 48-50 degrees and out in 50 ft was 40-42 degrees. No lamprey marks on any of the lakers but their colors were very light ....not that beautiful vibrant green pattern they usually are.

Shoreline fishing for me this year near Olcott has been very disappointing.  I have targeted 8-10 fow with very little success.  Anybody else having the same issue?

Luckily the lakers have saved the day a few times.  But they won't be around for long.  1st I was getting them in 30 fow.  Then 40, then 50.  I hear they are in about 70 fow now.

Any thoughts?

On top its a mess...dredging material piled in a large hole to drain? Not seeing that changing anytime soon.Hope theres enough parking to accommodate all the fisherman during the LOC. Docks are usable......Town worked hard to get it to the point its at right now.