Trout and Salmon flies

I've been thinking about tying my own flies to run behind SDs or ProTrolls. Just wondering what your thoughts were for the guys who tie their own. Also was wondering what kind of hardware or terminal tackle you'd use. Not totally sure where to start. I'm guessing it wouldn't save a ton of money but I think it'd be something fun to try.

purpletacoflysupply.com has some great stuff. When it comes to making my own tackle I always just dive into it. You start off with couple ugly ones at first but in end you get the hang of it.

I've been thinking about tying my own flies to run behind SDs or ProTrolls. Just wondering what your thoughts were for the guys who tie their own. Also was wondering what kind of hardware or terminal tackle you'd use. Not totally sure where to start. I'm guessing it wouldn't save a ton of money but I think it'd be something fun to try.

I will warn you, it is highly addictive and catching fish on flies that you tie only makes it worse. You will end up tying a thousand flies that you will never need and because of this, it will never "save" you money. 

http://purpletacoflysupply.com/has all the material you will ever need. Good luck!

Rob is right it is addictive but it is fun and pretty cool when you get decent fish on something you've put together yourself but as he said don't think you'll save money :lol:

post-145411-0-97485100-1430656228_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

As if the addiction to fishing wasn't enough. Now I'll be addicted to tying the rigs that catch said fish lol. Thanks for the info guys, eventually I'll post some pics of the fish I catch (with any luck) on some hand tied flies. Tight lines!