Blind Squirrel Sportfishing Rochester report 5/1

Well today was one of those OMG REALY that just happened days.

Decided to fish our own water and avoid the pack first thing in a.m. Set up just out side of the piers heads. Before got spread fully in water - doubled up on kings!!! Thinking awesome its gonna be a smoking day. 25' rigger and 19' rigger over 35'. Continued troll to amusement park - 5 color core - laker - I.bay. Then 2 color core starts to go - crack off and lost 1/2 length core. Ship builders - 15' rigger - nice coho jumping 20' from boat - then GONE. Turn and work waypoints back toward river. Laker 5 color core. Then the planer board tow line breaks ?????? wtf it 250lb power pro. Turn to recover board. Set back up slide diver goes short fight and crack off. OMG I give is there banana's on board or what. OK.....got all that out of way now can we get back to catching fish.

Continued to fish between i bay and durand rest of day picking away at them. Riggers 15-31 down, 2 and 5 color core, slide divers 40-65 out on 3 1/2 no ring. Kings, Lakers, Coho. no steel head or browns boated today. We ran a full spoon program. Anything green produced -Mag NBK, Great lakes Lure Co. green/chart N35's, and DW ss froggy best.

Off till Monday then we doing a stretch and will be on the water rest of the week.

Good luck to all this weekend.

We cracked off 4 kings, yesterday. Started out with 12 lbs leaders from last weeks brown trout fishing on the DR's. Mistake! Lesson learned. Switched up to running the 20 lbs big game straight to the swivel. Then the third king of a triple broke a sampo swivel in half as it screamed out 100 ft and jumped...with the rod still in the holder. As the second fish jumped and wrapped a wire diver. Gone!

Micromanagement minute:  Might I suggest Amish Outfitters tow line is 500 Lb spectra.....it ain't breaking!  Also Tuf-line microcore uses a spectra sheath that won't rot like standard core.

The core was tuf-line first time ever I have had that happen or even heard of it happening. It was one of them types of mornings lol. Gonna order some Amish tow line .... Thanks .

Still can't believe 250lb power pro came apart or the lead

Core.

We broke a bunch of gear yesterday too. 0 rings, 20lb leader, straightened out hooks,lost 2 more rogues. Got 1 king half way to the boat and he tore the hook and O ring clean off a new Michigan stinger spoon!!! I bumped up to 30 lb seaguar salmon leader and seemed to solved the break off problem quick.

The core was tuf-line first time ever I have had that happen or even heard of it happening. It was one of them types of mornings lol. Gonna order some Amish tow line .... Thanks .

Still can't believe 250lb power pro came apart or the lead

Core.

Did your core ever drag on mussels on the bottom or was this just a straight break?  

It was a 2 color core set up cracked off flourocarbon leader and 1/2 the section of the first color of core.....

For flourocarbon we run nothing but Seagur

It was just one them morning that anything that could happen did happen. But it all got out of the way by 10:00 so had smooth day after