Gill Lice

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I have a quick question for all of you steelhead anglers. I spent 5 days this week targeting steelhead on lake Ontario tributaries and we happened to notice that at least 50% of the fish that we caught had gill lice. Has anyone noticed a major increase in this problem this year? how much damage can this do to a fish.. all of the fish that appeared to be affected seemed to take much longer to revive than usual. Thanks!

I've heard about it but never really looked into it too in depth because I've never encountered it to this extent. Still fairly new to fishing lake Ontario, I've never see one affected fish anywhere on lake Huron.

Look at HawgHunter93's profile 2 posts he isn't asking to be spoon-fed, "search other threads" geeze o' wheeze!!!!

Edited by pap

Listen, pap-smear. I wasn't trying to be a dick, I'm just saying there is already a lot of info on the topic. My knowledge on the topic is limited but I did read some interesting stuff in other threads. So, I thought it was a valid suggestion. Geeze ol'geez... er

Sent from my VS930 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app