Cayuga 5-3

Launched out of Myers at 9:30, found color and 53 deg. down past the salt plant. Worked the skinny water and had action on stix off the boards and spoons on the riggers but they were all shorts. Hit the west side-same story till I hit cold water and then nothing. Went back to the east side trying different depths but still came up with shorts. Super nice day out just couldn't connect with the class of fish I wanted.

That warmed up fast, last week we couldn't get anywhere near the salt plant, too cold.  Too bad about the fishing, I wonder where they went?  Sure was a great weather weekend though.

Went out of T-Falls 5/1. Had a similar day worked around the park and up north. Two noteworthy observations, the lake was smooth, early on saw thin ice had formed overnight. Large crystals 5ft were floating all over. Second, there were dead

fish from the shore to at least 25ft. They were 2" to 6" in length and about 1 every sq. yd. But, also was a great day to

be on the water

Not much happened for me farther up the lake on Saturday. Aurora north past Levanna and across to the west side along the trench and silos was pretty barren. Never moved a rod :shake: .  Marked a few fish and only one small bait ball on the bottom at 125'. Not much more to say other than " I guess that's fishing" :thinking: . 

That night I sat in the recliner and watched Wicked Tuna wondering if I'll ever get one of those 300 lb  :o Cayuga Lake Lake Trout.  I figured that some of those boats would go a week without a hit so I'll be patient and hang in there. Then my wife woke me up and said go to bed. :sleepy:

Hope I have a better story (report) next trip.....

...launched at Long Pt. Sat, very few laker marks north toward the college, same heading to camp at King Ferry.  Water temps 36 - 39 along the way.  

Areyounuts - Bottom was littered with dead gobies off dock.

Launched at Union Springs yesterday afternoon.  Ran down to Levanna, set up deep, marked a few (very few) in 120-150 FOW.  Swung inside, bounced between 20-30 FOW, marked a lot of fish, picked up one big pickerel.  Stayed inside up to the green buoy, then pulled lines and ran up north for perch.  Ended up with enough for a nice meal. 

Running mostly natural sticks on the boards, NK28s on the riggers (black/purple, chartruse).  Water was very clear - could see the bottom in +20 FOW

FWIW, I saw a bunch of dead Gobies near shore at Myers Saturday night.  Hopefully thats the start of a trend...

...launched at Long Pt. Sat, very few laker marks north toward the college, same heading to camp at King Ferry.  Water temps 36 - 39 along the way.  

Areyounuts - Bottom was littered with dead gobies off dock.

I marked a lot of lakers locked up deep with the bait in 200 FOW, pretty typical pattern in years past for March

Launched from Myers yesterday morning 5/4 at 6:00am and trolled the south end with 3 lines out, all we ended up with was 1 dink 8" salmon who ended up becoming a victim to a very quick seagull. Might try trolling down from the salt plant in the future if the water is that warm over there. Packed up around 11:30am when the wind kicked up. 

-Pete