Seneca 5/3 north end

Headed out about 745 from the chamber. Was t marking much so just set up in front of bellhurst. Put in about 3 hrs 7 rods, copper and threw the usual mix of spoons and spin docs. Managed only an average size laker and one landlock on a flatline. Marked little fish, lots of bait ranged from a deep program to a shallow board/ rigger program with little to show this is not the early May in Seneca I am used to ! Water temps ranged from 41-44 . Anyone else having north end woes or do I need to take up a different sport?? ;). The north may need to invade the south end ;)

Fished the north end yesterday from 7-11, Grady White with blue top. Only managed one average laker. Rigger on bottom 155'. Hopefully the warm days this week get things woken up. We tried shallow, we tried nothing seemed to work. We also saw a lot of bait worked that and still pulled nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by FLXWaterfowler

The laker was spitting up alot of bait which made me think the fish were shallow feeding that bait. He came out of 80' went in to pretty much blank screens. Quite a few decent hooks 20-30 over 50 ft bottom but no takers

These clear nights and full moons, aslo, I believe are making things a bit more difficult to catch them. I think most bites we get lately are from the opportunist fish and not the aggressive feed we like to see. A little warmer water, maybe a 5 degree difference can change the world. Disperse some bait. You could Sabiki the heck out of the canal right now for alwives.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Don't feel bad Kev....the scene seems to be the same everywhere on the Fingers right now...things just haven't heated up yet.  It may be worthwhile exploring shallower than we are used to at this time of year though. I spent 5 hrs trolling Canandaigua Saturday trying everything I could think of to no avail. As I was quitting and had pulled lines in I accdentally went into the shallows and this is what I found.(note also the 51 degree temp- rest of the lake was 42-43.5) (Went back and forth but no hitters....may not have been trout but who knows?)

post-145411-0-41364200-1430748552_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Agreed on both the above points.  Last week when we had success the moon wasn't full, and we never went deeper than 40 fow with most fish caught shallower than that.  Lots of bait in shallow.

Edited by hermit

I left the chamber around 730 on Saturday.

I took my nephews out for the day and went 8 for 10 all lakers biggest being around 6 lbs.

They had fun. We released 4 back to the water, they wanted to try lake trout never had it before.

2 of the fish had fin clips (andipose and a port side pectoral 😜)

Fished 70-90 fow saw little to no bait

Edited by reeldilemma33