Otisco 5/4

315angler

Got out to otisco tonight for about an hour w a friend. He got one and dropped one, nothing for me tonight. Action was on suspending lures not floating. Nice to see some action in a short period of time, and early in the night (9:05-10:15)!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice going 315 good to start the season without a skunk!!! It's going to get better as the sun rises. Tight lines to you!!

Blanked last night (5/6). We have been going earlier in the night, possibly better action later as is usually the case out here. Started hearing some splashing around 10:30 when we were leaving. I would say prob a tiger based on the intensity. We even saw 2 alewives tonight as opposed to 0 last time...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Been getting large eyes this spring so far on large suspenders as well.  Biggest so far is a 27" 8.5 lber with the others being 24- 26" including a 20" smallmouth one night that torpedoed like a marlin.  Launched from the park in Amber yesterday and had to beach early due to the storm but lost my kayak flag on the way back in the wind.  It is a red "diver down" flag mounted to a driveway stake if anyone happens to come across it.  It has an orange swim noodle attached to it so it is floating around out there somewhere.

The alewives are in full force since opening day swimming in circles and schooled up like they are every spring.  Hard to compete with them, especially when there are plenty of them half dead floating on the surface like sitting ducks.  We finally have some wind which should pick things up but even when it was dead calm I was still having luck late at night.

Green hornet the action they are referring to hasn't really started as of last Saturday night. I would guess that action will improve this weekend. 2 weeks ago zero alewife spawning action....last week just a tiny bit...I'd say that we should start pulling limits this weekend from somewhere other than the causeway....but i thought it would start last weekend too...:)! No matter what it will be easy soon!

I assumed they were talking about when they swim around in circles splashing water up into the air like rooster tails.  That has been happening since opening night and have seen it the other nights I have been out as well. what activity are they talking about?

post-156407-0-78756900-1431531478_thumb.jpgOn opening night, there wasn't an area we fished that wasn't saturated with alewives on the surface and numerous ones floating on their sides. Everyone fishing from the rocks on shore were asking us what all the splashing was out there.  We have assumed every year that this is spawning activity and that all the dead ones floating were a result.  Anyways, we found the fish and have been doing well out there.  Eventually they will reach the area where the others have not been catching them?  The 27"er weighed 8.5 lbs., the other that night was 6 even.

Edited by greenhornet73

I was out there for that action also....what they were referring to lasted till the second weekend in august. You were fishing the die off not what they were referring to. The bite they were referring to will last for many weeks and it won't peak till June.

FrIday I went out to that spot and I was hearing just a bit of bass action and caught plenty of bass on bombers. I thought of you later that night i caught the biggest smb of my life in front of the wall...it was almost 23 " found some eyes there too. After this weekend ill start posting...I let the shore guys have their time....it was tough driving past the causeway action opening weekend