Indian River Lake panfish

Kevin J Legg

Fished a local lake this afternoon with my friend of 40 years, Mike Ringer. We caught a decent number of crappies, bluegill, and some incidental bass. Kept around a dozen crappies and a dozen bluegills. Nice relaxing low tech fishing. Makes me feel like a kid again. Soon time to break out the fly rod and have some real fun.

Fished a Indian River lake this morning from 5;30 till about 8;30 for some big crappies tried along weed edges, rock shore line and also some down trees along the shore line. We did manage to catch a few smallies, rock bass and had one crappie on and lost it at the boat . I think we might have missed the good spring bite by alittle. The water seemed to be fairly warm, thinking they might have moved deeper will have to give it another shot some time.

My mother and father in law did very well late morning, early afternoon on the crappies, I am thinking when the wind was the strongest makes for a nice drift you can cover a lot of ground. All caught on tube jigs and bobbers over weed bed 6 to 8 fow.