Water Level

What's the deal with the water level on Big O? My neighbor at camp told me the current level is where it's usually at in late August. I had a heck of time getting in and out from camp. I'm new to the area so I don't know much about it other than the joint commission or whatever controls the level to maintain the St Lawrence (so I've been told anyhow). Is it usually this low in the Spring? Will they bring the level back up throughout the summer and then draw it back down in Aug/Sept? If it gets any lower I won't be able to get to my dock.

No usually it is about 2' higher in the spring than it is now.  Not sure what is going on.  Obama must have sold water to the middle east or something.

^you win the internet for today!!

O wow I haven't won something so awesome. Man I'm so excited I need to tell my wife!

Sent from my thinking chair...

Snow fall from lake effect storms return less water to the lake because a lot of it evaporates away or drains into other watersheds. We depend on gulf storms to supply our water. The hydro plants on the St.Lawerence River are the major lake level control factor. Did your furnace motors have power this winter, one of the worst in late history?

The lake is actually only 9 inches below the long term average for May.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That can't be right, on our water front we have a rock that hasn't seen water since last spring and the chud line on it with a laser level says 16" to water level.  This was checked in the evening dead flat in Chaumont bay.