Great Lakes Planer Question

So I have the rocket launcher setup but have a problem. The rocket launcher part slowly tips towards back as I am running.  The last time I was out it was almost to the point where the rods were going to start falling out. I tried tightening the knobs but it didn't seem to do much.  Any ideas on how to keep them from sliding? I am thinking of pinning them but wanted to know what others have done.

Thanks,

Chas

Yeah so far, I just put it on this year. I might use one of those pins that are for the upright supports. I didn't use the supports I don't think they are needed. I also have 8 rods mounted up there, but I don't think that should matter.

I'm not where I can look at mine now and it's been 3 years since I put mine on, but I believe that after all is in place, you are supposed to drill a hole through the horizontal bar and the collar on each side.  Tony supplied a pin with a spring loaded ball at the end to insert in there.  I think it was about 1/4".  Maybe they were just for the uprights as you state.  Mine have never moved.  Probably best to just give Tony a call.post-139532-0-51784500-1431019618_thumb.jpg

Edited by landingzone

Chas,

What if you took a drill bit that is slightly larger than the bolts used to hold the launchers in place, and drill a detent in the cross piece? Not all the way through, just a divot in which your bolt will rest in when tightened. I am thinking a bit that only has the beveled tip, not the ones with the starter point. IDK. Just a thought. Maybe you don't want to take a drill to your brand new GLP gear though.

Chas,

What if you took a drill bit that is slightly larger than the bolts used to hold the launchers in place, and drill a detent in the cross piece? Not all the way through, just a divot in which your bolt will rest in when tightened. I am thinking a bit that only has the beveled tip, not the ones with the starter point. IDK. Just a thought. Maybe you don't want to take a drill to your brand new GLP gear though.

Chas,

What if you took a drill bit that is slightly larger than the bolts used to hold the launchers in place, and drill a detent in the cross piece? Not all the way through, just a divot in which your bolt will rest in when tightened. I am thinking a bit that only has the beveled tip, not the ones with the starter point. IDK. Just a thought. Maybe you don't want to take a drill to your brand new GLP gear though.[/quote

That's what I was think ill have to use it and see if it moves any

Chas,

I might need to try that, I bought them used so no biggy. I might end up drilling a couple and have 2 positions.

Sent from my thinking chair...

My setup came with pins for the cross bar. Follow his directions piece of cake. If its just individual rods not all of em just tighten. I run 9 rods on mine including 11 footers no probs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So you have pins for the cross bar or the supports? I have pins that are supposed to be on the supports but not the cross bar.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Per Tony's directions and supplied pins, you drill a thru-hole all the way through the support bracket and crossbar and slide the pins in, locking it in place.  Do it on both sides. 

Per Tony's directions and supplied pins, you drill a thru-hole all the way through the support bracket and crossbar and slide the pins in, locking it in place.  Do it on both sides. 

Sweet thanks, I bought these used so no directions included and the previous owner didn't drill the holes.