Cayuga 29TH ANNUAL BARNEY & BEAR'S SPRING DERBY

Think that two out of the last three were won by an off fish. I know the guys that fish for browns with live bait do very well, like 15 plus pounds well...

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was just thinking I know there was a 15lbs brown that won the derby on Seneca lake last year and that derby had different trout divisions. I am just saying if he had different division for trout more people would enter I know of four boats would enter if that was the case. Just expressing my opinion. I will be out fishing the derby this weekend good luck.

That fish, I'm 99% sure was from the Lighthouse Derby. I only remember that because I had a just legal size LL that I had drug to death that day in my box for the grill that I ended up weighing because only two other silver fish were entered.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to be able to make this weekend but good luck to all of you that are fishing, god willing and the creek don't rise I will see you all at the weigh-in.

LJ

Yup think you are correct, can't remember if my memory is any good. They also won one of the Barney b last year, or took second they had a bigger brown on a stringer and were drinking a bit and drove of with it over the boat, gone! Saw the picture of it, huge!

Edited by Nautitroller

I'll tell him you wished him luck....we do have a secret weapon tho...stole Splitshot's prop...I hear it's a fish magnet...:):):)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wish they would split the categories. We had an 8 1/2 lb LL a 8 lb brown and a 6 lb bow 2 years ago only to find out they are all the same category. Not sure why they do it this way. Its a great lil derby but I wish it was split.

I wish they would split the categories. We had an 8 1/2 lb LL a 8 lb brown and a 6 lb bow 2 years ago only to find out they are all the same category. Not sure why they do it this way. Its a great lil derby but I wish it was split.

exactly what i am talking about....great fish for there catagory...but no division for them.

Saturday was tough to say the least! Fished North of Myers if there was a constant temp I didn't find it low temp for morning was 39.9 high was 56 lots of bait deep! Back at it today, oh went 1 for2 on Lakers, sometimes you are the bug on the windshield......

post-150622-14318536784508_thumb.jpg