Need propeller advice

Hello all , fishing for zander here in Finland. Last year when trolling boat would not go slow enogh to catch bigger fish.  Recommended is 3.5 km max for the smaller fish and that is the slowest i could go trolling.

propeller is 10-1/2x13, what is a reduction in speed dont need much but very confused, i know if i change diameter it will fall but what about pitch, my local shop is sellling this now, will this help.

https://www.motonet.fi/fi/tuote/386078/Hustler-potkuri-H1-1012-10-34-x-12

or is anything on this page better

https://www.motonet.fi/fi/kategoria/351/437750/Potkurit-ja-keskiot

I'm not sure what size/brand motor you have (HP) but first of all I'd check to see which props the manufacturer of your motor recommends because if you get the wrong one it could create a problem with your motor (e.g. wrong size or pitch and possible over revving at top end).. The information may be in your operators manual if you have it. If not contact a marina that sells that particular brand of motor. If all else fails consider attaching a trolling plate to the anti cavitation plate on the motor (most bolt on). You wiould be able to get pretty much whatever trolling speed you need with that. You definitely want to have a correctly matched propeller no matter what you decide.

Edited by Sk8man

I always had a 18 Inch Kayak Drift bag on my boat mine lasted over 10 years tho i didnt have to use it every trip and only cost about $12.00 us ... Rolls up nice for storage ..but im shure it saw over 100 hrs drag time..good bang for yer buck and it could save yer boat if ya loose power on a windy day  tho i always carried a 36in drift bag for emergency.procedures

old yamaha 2 stroke  50 hp, not worried about top speed to much. checked today the pitch difference seems to not make much difference on my prop and the one i plan to buy, but has anyonone any idea what going from 13" to 12" would make to the lowest speed

I have a 90 hp. 2 stroke and changed from 19 pitch to 17 pitch to slow down for cold water spring fishing.  Slowest speed with 19 pitch was 2.6 MPH, 17 pitch slowed to 1.8 MPH.  I switched back to 19 pitch, as top speed was a problem for me traveling longer distances on Lake Ontario.

I would suggest 2 trolling bags, giving you options depending on current and wind direction.  Many boats on the Great lakes use this set up.

Good  Luck

Jim S.

Edited by J.D.