Sitting at work the past week reading reports drooling.....

Finally got out today for the second time this year and what happened all the reports of kings?  Full Moon?  Did the light east wind push the water west?

Left around 6:30 stared just west of hedges and trolled to Ginna varying depth from 40-70.  Boated a 2 lakers, 2 steelhead and a tiny king with a full spread.  Took a look at the inside water but was to clear to fish for browns.  It was slow called it a day around 2. 

Not sure where to start tomorrow?

Eric

Edited by Chinooker

North east wind pushed in ice water,fish are not where they were. Don't really know were they are we fished a short day today 8am til noon boated one 7lb King

water is cold in and out. We bopped out to 85 fow and its freezing out there. Hopefully with a wind change and warm days we get temps back again. Roady to Wilson tomorrow for the Double D

You were not alone! I started at shipbuilders and ended up at ginna also.. working any where from 20-80fow w most time in 45-70.., temps and color not what they had been, very few hooks on ff. i think u are spot on, moon, no clouds, east winds, no rain. not sure if it will set up by the weekend either. after drooling for 3 days it was a bit of a let down... but thats why they call it fishing......I boated 1 steelhead and at 2p when we were pickin the top lines fired with 2 of the smallest kings i have ever boated!

best of luck on your next trip!

Had same bad day. Did the inside run 1st thing out of I-bay for browns. Water looked good with 52 deg and good color. 3 lb brown right off get go. Then squat. Gave it 2 hrs then slid out deeper. Still good color and temp. Marked 0 fish out to 80 fow and back. Pulled lines at noon. Also heading to Wilson tomorrow for WHI on Sat.

Went right out the front door this Am thinking that maybe the cold water from the east pushed those Sharks closer to the Ole muddy. Found a 5 degree temperature break out in 75-80 ft. Nice green water and a wicked scum line too. Only had a few hours to get after em for an LOC fish, so we worked the area in hopes of a Rogue. Took a couple shots...One on a Smitty firetiger off the board and one on an NBK 22 down. Smaller fish, nothing much to write home about.

On a side note...this break was extremley defined... If we have a break like this a month from now, its going to be a s#!t show....

I hate to say it, but the June Transition may have come early. Hopefully the lake gets this out of its system, so we can get offshore for some chrome.....

Way too early to be talking like that!! There's still some hot spring king action to be had...I hope.

That having been said, we stroked it yesterday too off Sandy. Two lakers and a brown, working anywhere from 20 out to 160. Beautiful day, but wow no fish. Clear water and calm. 47.5 on the surface, 44 down 30'.

Gator.....I'm sure I'm rushing it, but I love the offshore bite....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think there's two choices: fish tight for browns and the sporadic king along with 90% of people this weekend or be brave and venture far offshore to fish the chinook and steelhead highway out there and look for surface temp breaks. I think anything in between is going to be tough if it's cold and clear.

If Matt and DVD Dan can't find 'em, they ain't there!

Good luck friends,

Chris

Same story here.

We went out around 2.30 pm to look for browns. what we found was a scum line in 40 feet of water about a quarter mile off shore in front of I-bay. One side was 45 degrees ,the other 39. On the outside there was a strong current going east at 25 foot down. we went 3.2 gps and 1.3 fishhawk east bound.

We tried to go in a bit and that cost me a 12 pound atommik torpedo (i know that's stupid) So I'll need another one.

But looking at the positive side,the weather was great and the fish did not bother us.

Does that guy from the finger lakes still make 12 pound torpedoes?

Cornelis.

Edited by rolmops