Woodlawn Bar

mostlymuskies

Last night we could see the Eyes in 5 to 7 ft of water on the bar and could smell them as well.But could not get them to go, only caught a few small mouth bass.56 degree surface water at Woodlawn Bar and 46 degrees in North Gap area, but Buffalo River was 68 degrees and packed with emerald shinners and walleye hooks, none active.We quit at midnight,4 boats returned around the same time and all caught bass and only one boat caught to walleye using electric trolling motor to troll 5 to 6 ft water of the Woodland Bar at 1.5 mph.

post-144733-0-10744700-1431089529_thumb.jpg

post-144733-0-05884300-1431089568_thumb.jpg

Stopped at Dunkirk today and one of the bass fisherman caught a nine pounder on a tube jig off van buren. Putting in boat tomorrow. Can't wait to see if we can get them to go off the edge off the reefs in the afternoon and just before dark.

Thanks for the buffalo report. I will report how I do off the point.

Is the nite bite outa buffalo harbor behind this yr.?  Fished the nite bite last year for the first time but didn't go till end of may and did decent. Just curious as to when they turn on some, Waiting to go and got a hr  drive so was gna wait a week or two.

Buddy was fishing huge school during the day 14ft water could see hundreds of them belly to bottom.sorry to say this storm and wind I'm sure stirred them up who knows where they are now,buddy drove by route 5 said chocolate milk